French Polisher - Knightsbridge, London
- The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
- Knightsbridge, London
- Competitive + Benefits + Service Charge
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Hotel jobs, Grounds Person, Housekeeping & Maintenance, Maintenance Person
- Job Type
- Full Time
French Polisher - Knightsbridge, London
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
We are currently seeking a passionate French Polisher to join the team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over a world- class shopping destination, Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
About the role
As a French Polisher you are the custodian of our property and assets. Your role is to ensure that through your technical knowledge, exceptional skill and passion for your trade, you will constantly aim to maintain our hotel to the highest standards for all our guests and employees to enjoy.
Working as part of our Engineering team you will undertake a range of engineering duties specific to your skill and ensure that all of our back of house areas and plant room areas are maintained and presented at the highest standard.
As a French Polisher you will be responsible for Maintaining hotel joinery, finishes and furnishings to the highest standards with polishing techniques and decoration.
You will undertake projects and completion of painting, wall coverings, silicone works, tiling, French polishing, light carpentry and/or other special repairs works throughout the hotel to ensure that all areas are well maintained and presented.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Ideally experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment is desirable
- Excellent level of English
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business with the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a workload
- Excellent personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a strong eye for detail
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
In return we offer:
- 50% Food and Beverage discounts across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Preferential room rates across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert