Sous Chef - Knightsbridge, London
- The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
- Knightsbridge, London
- Competitive salary, great benefits and service charge
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Junior Sous Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef - Knightsbridge, London
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
We are currently seeking a passionate Sous Chef to join the Al Mare team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over a world- class shopping destination, Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
About the role
Al Mare is a destination restaurant in the heart of Knightsbridge, it infuses an exquisite Mediterranean coastal cuisine with modern flavours in a refined and inviting atmosphere. With plates designed for sharing, Al Mare is the perfect backdrop for living unforgettable moments and creating lifelong memories.
As a Sous Chef you will be passionate and enthusiastic about creating exquisite dishes. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen on behalf of your Executive Chef. In the abse and ensuring the execution of all dishes are consistent in presentation and guest satisfaction. As a Senior Chef de Partie you will need to approach your workload in an organised method and prioritise your workload.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Ideally experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment is desirable
- Excellent level of English
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business with the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a workload
- Excellent personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a strong eye for detail
In return we offer:
- 50% Food and Beverage discounts across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Preferential room rates across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Pension Scheme after 2 years’ service
- Significant contribution to dental care
- Contribution towards eyecare
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert