Special Events Manager
- Leonardo Royal
- Leonardo Royal Hotel London St. Paul's
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Reservations Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
Jurys Inn, we are recruiting for a Speical Events Manager to join our great team in Meeting and Events. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
As a Meeting and Events Manager
To provide proactively increase demand and conversion for the special events market within our London hotels. To process new sales lead, conduct show rounds and will be tasked with professionally coordinating a variety of Events.
What we want you to -
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have previous experience in a similar role and demonstrated business /industry awareness.
- Possess a high standard of customer service delivery skills.
- Be standards driven and detail-orientated with the ability to organise and plan ahead.
- Ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have previous experience with Micros/Opera.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work without constant supervision and organize self.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive can do attitude.
- Previous experience in similar role.
The job -
- Fully understand the special events market within London from competitors to selling platforms.
- Increase demand and conversion from the revenue stream
- Process all incoming events enquires ensuring they are dealt with and processed in line with individual agent and company time frames.
- Produce proposals for all enquires ensuring there is sufficient detail which is in line with the spec of each event.
- Increase conversion of enquiries by developing client relationships and maximizing sales leads
- Use the provided demand calendar and pricing structure when quoting for all enquires.
- Arrange and conduct site inspections ensuring the inspections are fulfilled professionally, efficiently and effectively and mirror the requirements of the visiting client
- Produce, issue and chase the return of contracts for events.
- Ensure Sales & Catering/Opera are updated with accurate and relevant information ensuring all revenue is loaded in line with event contract and final detail requirements.
- Process all bookings ensuring all final detail including delegate numbers, rooming’s lists and timings are collected from booker.
- Arrange and conduct final details meeting/calls with organiser prior to event. Ensuring they are fulfilled professionally, efficiently and effectively and mirror the requirements of the visiting client whilst enabling you to gather all relevant information in order to produce function sheet.
- Create PMs and deposits to company standards
- Charge credit card payments for events
- Post M&E revenue daily when required
- Send invoice/pro-forma requests for prepaid events
- Produce departmental reports with the support of the Planning Managers
- Produce function sheets for all internal events
- Ensure all rooming list details and requirements are inputted into Opera
- Create menus and place cards for banqueting events
Why come and work for us – to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards – earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
We know the value of a relaxing retreat during a busy, or blissfully quiet, stay, welcoming rooms and dedicated staff ensure you’ll have a carefree time in our company, while highly desirable locations offer a unique experience of your chosen city. Take one step outside our doors and you’ll be immersed in the metropolitan wonders of central London, breathing in the maritime air of Southampton, or investigating the historic streets of Edinburgh.
We’ve come a long way since we opened our first hotel in 1993; Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels UK & Ireland now operates over 50 hotels. With approximately 4,000 employees and 5 brands we are a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop your career.
As an employer we put a big emphasis on career development and as a rule we recruit our operations team members for personality and experience – it is all about how you interact with others and how you can demonstrate our values:
Consistent, Friendly, Genuine, Positive and Willing
- Leonardo Royal
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert