Searcys - Kitchen Porter - London
- London, Greater London
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Staff, Pot Washer
- Job Type
- Full Time
Party Ingredients, part of Searcys, is a specialist event catering business. We are a team of event professionals with over 40 years of providing lunches, dinners, receptions, weddings and other special events. We are enthusiastic, inspired and for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme and Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Meals provided on shift
Salary: 13.00 per hour
- To be flexible to work in all kitchens, serveries, staff canteens and external reception spaces
- To ensure all areas of the kitchens and service areas on all floors are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, providing a clean and safe working area.
- To be flexible to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- To maintain all catering storage areas, ensuring they are always organised and clean.
- To receive, count, inspect and store goods and/or equipment and dispensing or disposing them to/from departments as and when required.
- To be involved with some food preparation and service when required.
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Report any broken equipment to the Executive chef/ Head chef
- Must be hard working and willing to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally.
- Demonstrates a high level of organisation and time management.
- Supportive team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent record keeping.
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain, and this year has celebrated an inspirational 175th year anniversary. We have been fortunate to be acknowledged by the industry and won Events Caterer of the Year 2022 at the prestigious Cateys.
Our success is down to the investment we make in developing our people to ensure they can be the best they can. Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people in the industry.
Apply for Searcys - Kitchen Porter - London
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert