Seasonal Customer Service Activity Assistant - Grizedale, Ambleside
- Go Ape
- Grizedale Forest, Ambleside
- £10.50ph rising to £10.90ph + fantastic benefits package
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
Seasonal Customer Service Activity Assistant / Outdoor Instructor – flexibility available with days and hours worked to fit around studies or other commitments.
Multiple opportunities available, and although welcome no previous experience is required as full training is provided. Option to start either immediately or by the 29th of March at the latest.
Who We Are
Go Ape is the UK’s number 1 adventure company, and our Grizedale Forest location offers 5 unrivalled experiences for adrenaline junkies. Our adventures include the Treetop Challenge, Zip Trekking Adventure, Treetop Adventures, and a Forest Segway. We make an effort to ensure our team members enjoy coming to work, and when you join us we’ll be sure to make you feel like a member of our Go Ape tribe in no time!
Plus, if you love adventuring, you might have heard about our “Adventure Fund”, where we subsidise trips led by Go Ape, for our team. Sound exciting, right? We arrange expeditions each year such as once-in-a-lifetime trips, to Morocco, hiking in France, and rock climbing in Spain!
The Role – Customer Service Activity Assistant / Outdoor Instructor
As a Customer Service Activity Assistant / Outdoor Instructor, you’ll look after our customers in the great outdoors, on site, and in the woods as they take on their Go Ape challenge.
With full training and support provided, your varied role will include:
- Welcoming customers
- Fitting, removing, and inspecting harnesses
- Assisting with delivering adventures, ensuring a great customer experience
- Delivering safety briefings and training to customers
- Hosting school trips and educational groups, helping children to take on new adventures and overcome their fears
- Patrolling the course and ensuring all customers are safe
- Access to some form of private transport as public transport is not available to site (some of our colleagues lift share although this is not guaranteed)
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- A flexible approach to tasks and hours
- Confident, reliable, and love helping people with a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Safety conscious
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
While Go Ape is an equal opportunities employer and reasonable adjustments will be made where possible, please note that this role will require a level of fitness suitable to perform physical duties.
What We Offer
Successful applicants will be employed on a seasonal contract until the 31st of October 2023, with potential for weekend work throughout the Winter if desired. You’ll work on a contract with a minimum of 16 hours in a 4-week period guaranteed. There is likely to be considerably more hours available, especially during school holidays. Rotas are provided typically 4 weeks in advance.
You’ll benefit from:
- Flexibility with days and hours worked to fit around studies or other commitments, although you must be able to work some weekends
- Starting pay rate of £10.50 per hour, rising to £10.90 per hour after probationary period
- 28 days holiday pro rata
- Training package, with opportunities to gain lots of useful transferable skills, including customer service, decision making, autonomy, self and time management and prioritising
- We arrange subsidised adventure trips each year, such as once-in-a-lifetime trips to Morocco, hiking in France, and rock climbing in Europe!
- Tax free profit distribution to every employee as part of Employee Ownership
- Free Go Ape adventures for immediate family, with 20% off for all your other family and friends too
- Discounts on retail and leisure
- Access to our Learning Library and Wellbeing Hub with hundreds of free online training courses
- Opportunity to apply for paid time off to volunteer on local social and environmental community projects
- Pension scheme with employer contributions matched to 3%
- Employee helpline with free confidential advice, support and resources
- Option to donate to charity directly from salary whilst saving on tax and national insurance
All applications for these Seasonal Customer Service Activity Assistant / Outdoor Instructor vacancies are to be submitted online.
Apply for Seasonal Customer Service Activity Assistant - Grizedale, Ambleside
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert