Assistant Golf Operations Leader - Kent
- Delta Hotels By Marriott – Country Clubs & North West Cluster
- Maidstone, Kent
- Competitive rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
Job Number 23010286
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Delta Hotels Tudor Park Country Club, Ashford Road, Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Are you seeking to grow your skills with endless career opportunities?, work beside teammates that feel like family?, experience working for an employer that puts your wellbeing at the heart of everything it does?, enjoy monthly celebrations, treats and recognition? and make a difference in the local community? Then Delta Hotels by Marriott Tudor Park Country Club is the place for you.
Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there's no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You'll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you'll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.
The impact you'll make
When a guest arrives ready for a training session, relaxing spa day or a round of golf, they walk through the door and feel like they are at home, our clubs are a place to relax and socialise and we encourage a sense of community and belonging that being part of a club brings. You set the standards and ensure the team deliver a great experience.
What you'll do
- Provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members and Guests at all times and in all areas of the Golf Operation and Leisure Club
- Help, support and monitor the team to ensure that exemplary service is provided at all times
- Ensure that the team address members by name to ensure recognition and loyalty
- Ensure the departments meet all criteria required to pass the necessary Marriott audits such as the Marriott Golf Audit & '59 Club Mystery Shopper' and Leisure Club brand audit
- Take golf reservations and ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly
- Ensure all sales merchandise is well presented and monthly stock takes are completed
- Support the successful running of golf days; including being the host to organisers where required
- Support the effective delivery of member competitions and bookings, including handicap maintenance.
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest and member with a smile, eye contact and a friendly welcome, using their name when possible
- Ensure regular Health & Safety checks, pool testing, sauna and steam room checks are completed and documented and any issues actioned
- Work with the membership team to promote and achieve sales goals for membership sign up
What we're looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within a leisure club or golf environment
Perks you deserve
In addition to an hourly rate of 12.07 ensuring you are paid for every hour worked, we'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Health & Wellbeing - complimentary Leisure Club Membership & discounted Golf Rates because your wellbeing is important
- Meals - Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dining Facility
- Uniform & dry-cleaning service
- Discounts - Enrolment in Perks at Work - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema's and more
- Travel - Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family, 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Holidays - 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service
- Pay - Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Health - Cycle to work scheme
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Flexibility - do you need flexibility in your life, talk to us as we know worklife balance is important
- Take Care Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Develop and Grow - Comprehensive Training and Development programs
- Career - career progression opportunities are endless as the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide
- Celebrate - Awards and Recognition Celebrations
- Events - Monthly Calendar of Associate Focused & Fun Events
With this role you will be working 40 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends - do you need flexibility in your life? We are happy to discuss this with you!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you apply online or email email@example.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability, age and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert