Commis Chef - Chepstow
- Delta Hotels By Marriott – Country Clubs & North West Cluster
- Chepstow, Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy)
- Competitive rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Cook, Chef and Cook (Bar & Pub)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Number 23048270
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels St. Pierre Country Club, St Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Are you seeking to grow your skills with endless career opportunities?, work beside teammates that feel like family?, experience working for an employer that puts your wellbeing at the heart of everything it does?, enjoy monthly celebrations, treats and recognition? and make a difference in the local community? Then Delta Hotels by Marriott St Pierre Country Club is the place for you.
Our most successful Commis Chef is talented and creative, wants to grow within an international brand and wants to work within a place that makes them proud.
Explore our very big world
Others may call you a foodie, but you know you're much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen. When you join us, you'll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential. We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you're helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.
Our Cast Iron Grill is all about fresh, seasonal ingredients, traditional flavour combinations and time-honoured cooking methods, simple tasty food done right or you may be creating unforgettable memories for a wedding breakfast, corporate event or a high class sport team.
The impact you'll make
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you've thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you'll be doing
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
- Use your creative flair and attention to detail to create dishes that put smiles on faces
What we're looking for
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality - your career starts here
- A Level 2 culinary qualification and we will fund your future training qualifications
Perks you deserve
In addition to an hourly rate of 10.85 ensuring you are paid for every hour worked, we'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Eligibility to receive Service Charge
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership because your wellbeing is important
- Discounted Golf Rates
- Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dining Facility
- Uniform & dry-cleaning service
- Enhanced Pay Rate on bank holidays (Double Time)
- Enrolment in Perks at Work - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema's and more
- Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family
- 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service
- Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Comprehensive Training and Development program
- Awards and Recognition Celebrations
- Monthly Calendar of Associate Focused & Fun Events
You will be working 40 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends on a variety of early, mid and late shifts - do you need flexibility in your life? We are happy to discuss this with you!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you apply online or email email@example.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability, age and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert