Kitchen Porter - Cambridgeshire
- Marriott Hotels - Central
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- Competitive hourly rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global Marriott discount program
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Staff, Pot Washer
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Number 23048484
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Delta Hotels Huntingdon, Kingfisher Way, Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
KITCHEN PORTER - HUNTINGDON FULL TIME
Part of Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality brand with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries and territories, we are ideally situated opposite the Huntingdon Racecourse and close to the A1 & A141 for an easy commute. We offer a world class working environment, with a team of solid hospitality professionals across the hotel striving to create brilliant experiences for our guests.
We are now recruiting for a dynamic and passionate Kitchen Porter to join our Kitchen team.
What you will do
As our new Kitchen Porter you will be responsible for:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments
What we're looking for
- A team-player attitude with the desire to learn
- A proactive, problem solving approach to working in a fast-paced environment
Why work for Marriott
"Take care of your employees and they'll take care of the guests" is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
In addition to the fantastic benefits you would expect from a brand of our calibre, Peterborough Marriott Hotel will offer you the following:
- Great advancement opportunities
- 28 holidays (including Bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Uniform & Dry cleaning
- Free meals on duty
- Training and development - including access to national apprenticeships
- 10.48p per hour starting wage
- TakeCare Wellbeing Program
- Complimentary on site parking
- Free Leisure Club membership
- Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott brands worldwide
- Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you'll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Delta Hotels.
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Cambridgeshire
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert