Principal Product Designer - Herts
- Haven Holidays
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
Principal Product Designer
Hybrid (1-2 days per week in Hemel Hempstead)
Are you a creative designer with a proven track record in creating easy-to-use products that achieve business goals? Do you value innovation, collaboration and a user-centered approach to design? Are you passionate about all things UX/UI If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our ambitious team to help us in our goal to be the best holiday operator in the UK. Our focus is on using the latest tools and technologies to provide a seamless and immersive customer experience across any one of our 38 Holiday parks.
Who are we?
The Haven Digital team is focused on using the latest tools and technologies to provide a seamless and immersive customer experience across any one of our 38 Holiday parks. As part of the UKs leading holiday operator, we are responsible for designing, developing and deploying new and exciting applications to provide a truly, digital first experience.
What you will be doing
This is a hands-on opportunity for a principal product designer to take an active approach in leading concepts with team members, providing design direction and working with software engineers to implement UX/UI designs into deliverable products.
You will be responsible for the design of great products that are easy to use and achieve the wider business goals, exploring design options collaboratively with Product Managers, the delivery team and users. You will ensure sitewide design/experience consistency and think holistically across several products and platforms, taking business objectives, defining problem statements and turning them into solutions.
- Conceptualize and design user interfaces across multiple platforms and devices driven by the user needs
- Line manage a (growing) team of Product designers
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Create prototypes that can be rapidly shared with clients and/or customers for user testing and take part in user testing.
- Research, brainstorm and translate conceptual ideas into engaging, visually rich designs solutions.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to cross functional delivery teams and stakeholders
- Work with product managers and other relevant business owners throughout the product lifecycle to lead the visual design development from initial explorations to final design.
- Work as part of cross functional delivery team to support designs being developed
- Continuously enhance knowledge and keep up with emerging trends in design
- Support the design community when necessary with visual design and prototyping activities
- Support the product department with the ongoing evolution of the Haven Design System
- Managing the quality of design; lead the creation of Haven Design System, constantly maintain and refine the design guidelines.
- Managing and mentoring designers, leading creative direction
- Mentor and manage more junior members of the team
- Passion for design with solid experience in UX and UI design
- Excellent understanding of user centered design principles and practices, web standards and layouts, typography and colour, and web usability standards
- Proficiency using different design tools such as, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Marvel, Flinto
- Collaborative team player that is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback, support with additional work when required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps and prototypes.
- This role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in user experience, user interface, visual design and a solid understanding of available technologies
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it's our people and teams that make us an employer of choice.
At Haven, we care about you as an individual- whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
What's In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert