Collections Assistant - Alresford
- The National Trust
- Alresford, Hampshire
- 9.90 per hour
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
We protect everything from bats to buildings to beaches – and we want to share them with everyone too. But how do we care for our special places, while helping everyone to enjoy them and their fascinating stories? It’s no small task. In fact, it’s a big team effort and it’s why our Collections Assistants are so important.
What it's like to work here
Your role within the Hinton portfolio will be varied, you'll work at two different houses: Hinton Ampner and Uppark House which will enable you to build a strong knowledge in collections care and the day to day running of a house open to the public, we also like to work closely with our volunteers and the other teams within the portfolio. We are all passionate about our work and hope you will share this passion with your future colleagues, the volunteers and our visitors.
What you'll be doing
As a Collections Assistant, you’ll be working with a great housekeeping team in an incredible place, helping with the day-to-day cleaning and care of the collections. No detail will go unnoticed, and you’ll keep a keen eye on everything from the environmental conditions in a room, to signs of wear and tear. You’ll keep accurate records too.
In this visitor facing role, we’d love you to talk to visitors about the work you’re doing, and the collections we have. You'll also be part of the wider team of employees and volunteers, helping to cover where necessary.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
We'd love to hear from you, if you are;
- Able to work in a team, but also can work on your own initiative
- Well organised and adaptable
- Customer focused with an understanding of the importance of great service
- Able to organise own time effectively
- Good communication skills enabling strong relationships both internally and externally to be built and maintained
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The National Trust is committed to promoting and preserving those places of natural beauty and historic interest for which it has the privilege to be responsible for the benefit of the nation, for everyone for ever.
The Trust is proud of what has been achieved over the last 126 years and is determined to maintain those high standards of conservation, stewardship and curatorial care for which it has been recognised throughout the world.
Its achievements have enabled the general public and the Trust’s members and visitors to enjoy and appreciate the countryside, coastline, gardens, historic buildings and collections, all of which encapsulate so much of the history of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a duty to tell that history in a complete, balanced and accurate way, and without judgement.
The National Trust continues as a guardian of the past, and for the future, to uphold its duty to maintain and enhance what has been entrusted to its care.
- The National Trust
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert