Ranger - Wimborne
- The National Trust
- Wimborne, Dorset
- 22,152 pa
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
The voice of our landscapes, conservation champions and lovers of all things outdoors, you’ll help to keep the British countryside and coast wonderful. Working in some of the nation’s most stunning places and spaces, come rain or shine, your love of the outdoors will inspire others as you strive to ensure that landscapes are beautifully presented and continue to take our visitors’ breath away.
What it's like to work here
The outstanding art collection is one of the main attractions to this beautiful Italian-inspired mansion. As one of the National Trust’s ‘treasure houses’, the 45 strong team have exciting times ahead as they embark on major conservation projects to preserve this 8,500 estate and its rare collection of artefacts. A Japanese garden and tearoom and community growing spaces are also among the key attractions at Kingston Lacy. The property has a rural location, so it’s likely you will require your own transport to get here.
For more information about our property please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/kingston-lacy
What you'll be doing
With your endless passion for our work, you’ll help with the protection and care of habitats, wildlife, property and machinery, and your passion will inspire other to love this beautiful place as much as you do. We want you to engage with visitors, making time to talk to them, not rushing away to the next task. As an easily identifiable member of the Ranger team, on your best day you will be creating lasting memories for everyone.
You’ll make sure that, at every twist and turn of these fantastic landscapes, we’re delivering outstanding outdoors experiences and excellent conservation work. You’ll share our common goal with customers and build relationships in the local community, proudly representing the National Trust. So whether you’re maintaining our green spaces to assisting with guided visitor walks, through to delivering a wide range of engaging visitor experiences, no two days will be the same.
You’ll also share and promote the work that we do here, ensuring special places like these are here to be both protected and enjoyed by everyone for ever. This will see you responding to queries and explaining the value of the work being undertaken. After all, your passion and dedication could fire the imagination that makes a visitor become a supporter for the rest of their life.
In this role, you’ll work some weekends, bank holiday and evenings and being on-call.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’, but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You’ll need to;
- Deliver practical conservation work to protect and enhance the conservation status of the property
- Demonstrate a passion for nature, heritage and the outdoors
- Able to engage with visitors to ensure they understand the value of your work
- Help create a great place to work, sharing common goals
- Be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- Be an excellent team player
- Be able to work safely, with risk assessments and compliance with safety procedures
- Experience in a land, access and conservation management
- Experience in and working in a similar outdoor setting
- Competence with machinery and equipment as well as having the relevant certificates required
- A full UK driving licence
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The National Trust is committed to promoting and preserving those places of natural beauty and historic interest for which it has the privilege to be responsible for the benefit of the nation, for everyone for ever.
The Trust is proud of what has been achieved over the last 126 years and is determined to maintain those high standards of conservation, stewardship and curatorial care for which it has been recognised throughout the world.
Its achievements have enabled the general public and the Trust’s members and visitors to enjoy and appreciate the countryside, coastline, gardens, historic buildings and collections, all of which encapsulate so much of the history of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a duty to tell that history in a complete, balanced and accurate way, and without judgement.
The National Trust continues as a guardian of the past, and for the future, to uphold its duty to maintain and enhance what has been entrusted to its care.
- The National Trust
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert