Retail Team Member - Newquay
- The National Trust
- Newquay, Cornwall
- 9.60 per hour
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Retail jobs, Merchandising, Retail Assistant, Retail Sales Assistant
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
The Hours: The hours are flexible throughout the duration of the contract, weekend and bank holiday work will be required.
The Salary: £9.60 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term until 01/03/2024
What it's like to work here
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Retail” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means you’re always on hand to help and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
Who we're looking for
• Helpful and friendly
• Customer focused with great communication skills
• Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The National Trust is committed to promoting and preserving those places of natural beauty and historic interest for which it has the privilege to be responsible for the benefit of the nation, for everyone for ever.
The Trust is proud of what has been achieved over the last 126 years and is determined to maintain those high standards of conservation, stewardship and curatorial care for which it has been recognised throughout the world.
Its achievements have enabled the general public and the Trust’s members and visitors to enjoy and appreciate the countryside, coastline, gardens, historic buildings and collections, all of which encapsulate so much of the history of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a duty to tell that history in a complete, balanced and accurate way, and without judgement.
The National Trust continues as a guardian of the past, and for the future, to uphold its duty to maintain and enhance what has been entrusted to its care.
- The National Trust
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert