Enterprise Data Manager - Swindon
- The National Trust
- Swindon, Wiltshire
- 56,100 pa
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Sales & Marketing jobs, Marketing
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time
The National Trust have recently established an Enterprise Data Office in the Strategy Management Unit to ensure that data is playing a critical role in enabling the Trust’s strategy. Working across all business units from marketing and membership to finance and property management, and conservation to commercial, the Enterprise Data Manager is involved in developing and delivering data strategy, engaging the organisation with the benefits of an enterprise approach, understanding and delivering their requirements for data.
You'll also oversee the data governance function and management of the Trust’s new Enterprise Data Platform (EDP).
What it's like to work here
We’re a business team, not IT – but have a great partnership and work hand-in-glove to deliver organisational priorities. The wider Data team includes Business Intelligence, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and a planning and delivery management function. It’s a fun and friendly team, and we balance hybrid working and opportunities to get out to our wonderful properties through volunteering and team development days with the wider team.
Your contractual location will be our head office in Swindon, however there will be an opportunity to explore and agree hybrid working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust. The role will involve travel to our head office to meet with stakeholders and to carry out work.
What you'll be doing
Your role is all about engagement and delivery - ensuring that we are continuously getting the most value from our data platforms. You'll be responsible for creating and managing datasets and data products that can be used by analysts across the National Trust for analytics and reporting. You'll be comfortable working in a test and learn way to productionise the results of analysis into enterprise data products for wider consumption.
You’ll lead a team of 4 in a wider team of 17 and you'll be a delegated budget holder for the EDP. As the product owner for our data platforms, you'll work with our analyst communities to ensure that they have the dataset and data products they need. You'll partner with data security and data protection teams in IT to ensure that we are compliant.
Who we're looking for
You can view the full role profile for this role in the document attached. You don't need to have all the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the role profile; this is just to provide a full picture of what is possible in this role.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Communication & interpersonal skills to engage and inspire senior managers in the benefits of an enterprise data approach, supporting and enabling business change
- Knowledge of data management and data engineering (data analysis and synthesis, including data profiling, modelling and meta data management)
- Knowledge and experience of creating and delivering data strategy, including data governance, data architecture, master data management and data integration
- Understanding of Agile delivery techniques
- Knowledge of the Data development process, from test & learn approach to enterprise-scale procedures
- Ability to use data & analytics technologies such as SQL and cloud data analytics platforms (Snowflake), BI and Analytics (Alteryx, Tableau)
- Leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and coordinate deliverables in your area of responsibility
- Consulting, influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to translate technical issues appropriate for the audience and convert ambiguity into clear and direct information
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The National Trust is committed to promoting and preserving those places of natural beauty and historic interest for which it has the privilege to be responsible for the benefit of the nation, for everyone for ever.
The Trust is proud of what has been achieved over the last 126 years and is determined to maintain those high standards of conservation, stewardship and curatorial care for which it has been recognised throughout the world.
Its achievements have enabled the general public and the Trust’s members and visitors to enjoy and appreciate the countryside, coastline, gardens, historic buildings and collections, all of which encapsulate so much of the history of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a duty to tell that history in a complete, balanced and accurate way, and without judgement.
The National Trust continues as a guardian of the past, and for the future, to uphold its duty to maintain and enhance what has been entrusted to its care.
- The National Trust
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert