Chef - Orpington Golf Centre - Orpington, London
- Mytime Active
- Orpington, London
- £22,000 p.a. (pro rata)
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef
- Job Type
- Part Time
Chef, Orpington Golf Centre, Orpington
Locations: Orpington Golf Centre, Sandy Lane, Orpington, BR5 3HY
Salary: £22,000 p.a. (pro-rata)
Job Type: Part time 16 Hours per week
Closing Date: 28th March 2023
About the role
- To provide, manage and develop a high quality catering service.
- To maintain effective control of Food & Beverage services and budgets within the required margins.
- Comply with set menus which reflect Mytime's standard of using fresh, high quality and seasonal products.
- Prepare, cook and present all meals attractively. The majority of dishes will be made in-house.
- Supervise food delivery and presentation.
- Order all supplies cost-effectively using nominated and approved suppliers.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen.
- Keep stock secure at all times, storing foodstuffs appropriately and maintain accurate records. Avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs.
- Manage catering staff to ensure a professional safe, clean and efficient kitchen operation. Ensure that all staff are trained in food handling and preparation, the use of all equipment, personal hygiene, serving, food storage and in keeping the required Mytime records.
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and for its designed use. Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately.
- Comply with Mytime policies in terms of Food Safety and Health & Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the Quality Management System.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all times.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out all duties with regard to Health & Safety requirements and regulations according to the Health & Safety Policy
In return you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks.
- NEST pension.
- Early Pay- withdraw a part of your salary in advance of the pay day
- Exceptional achievement award scheme.
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice schemes.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if needed for the role*
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert