Commis Chef – Quaystone Bar - Newcastle Airport
Now we pay more! Everyone regardless of age starts on £11.50 per hour.
(An additional £1.20 per hour for shifts worked between 00:00 am and 06:00am )
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations. We cater for everyone too, from part time people to those looking for a career. Come and speak to us.
We have some exciting and ambitious plans here at Newcastle Airport and are looking for Full Time permanent Commis Chefs to come and join our team at Quaystone Bar!
We’re looking for a variety of shifts between 4:00am and 22:00pm including weekends - we are sure you can find something matching your flexibility.
Responsibilities for Commis Chef:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Brand / products / menu
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Preparation for a peak time
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Consistently meet shift/daily average spend, waste and portion control targets
- Follow the spec and know the menu
Requirements for Commis Chef:
- Due to some responsibilities within the Commis Chef role, applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over to perform certain tasks or work on certain shifts.
- Please note that successful candidates will be required to provide references for the last 5 years and undergo a Criminal Record Check in line with Airport Security Regulations.
Benefits for Commis Chef:
- Up to 75% employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza and many more!
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Discounted staff parking
- Family friendly leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- UK pension plans
Visit and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at SSPUK Careers
Visit and follow us on TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@sspukcareers
Fancy to find out more? Apply today for team member role!
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert