Director of People and Culture
The Peninsula London, superbly located at 1-5 Grosvenor Place in Belgravia, will overlook Hyde Park Corner, the Wellington Arch, Green Park, and the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Our ambition is for the hotel and residences to set new standards in luxury and service in the London market with the opening currently scheduled for early 2023. The hotel will have 190 guestrooms with 25 luxury Peninsula-branded residential apartments. As we continue to build our high-performing team, we are seeking to hire an influential Director of People and Culture (HR) who possesses commercial HR expertise to guide our people management processes while cultivating a positive workplace culture to support the opening and operational phases.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel opening in London.
- The Peninsula Hotels espouses luxury service, dedication to our customers, and commitment to our employees.
- Play a central role in implementing and shaping the Human Resource function as well as guiding the local teams for this once-in-a-generation opening.
- Provide people and culture leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning, retention, training, and legislative adherence to successfully open the hotel and residences.
- Function as a strategic, human capital business advisor to the senior management team, providing commercial advice.
- Provide local knowledge to shape the rewards matrix to position the hotel as a desirable employer with an attractive benefits programme.
- Work closely with the leadership team, managers, and team members to foster an empathetic, commercial, and guest-focused, and family-oriented working environment.
- Ensure HR data integrity/confidentiality and any changes are communicated with Executive Leaders and Management team (in addition to acting as a people coach to the leadership team)
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and legislations are understood and complied with across the operation.
- Analyse and provide strategic advice regarding HR financial processes such as the pre-opening budget, manning guides etc.
- 5+ years in the capacity of Director of HR ideally within the hospitality, aviation or retail sector etc.
- Working knowledge of UK labour law
- Experience implementing Human Resources policies, procedures
- Experience implementing HRIS and payroll systems
- Ability to analyse complex data and provide detailed commercial advice
- Experience leading and motivating a team of dedicated HR professionals across various functions
- Although not essential, pre-opening experience of a hotel would be highly desirable.
We are delighted to receive your resume and will liaise directly with suitable applicants. Experience working in the UK is essential.