Fitness Activity Coordinator - Chailey, Lewes
- Chailey Heritage Foundation
- Chailey, Lewes
- £22,096 - £22,968 per annum
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Fitness jobs, Fitness Instructor, Fitness Team Leader, Gym Instructor
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Activity Coordinator - Chailey, Lewes
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £22,096 - £22,968 per annum
Chailey Heritage Foundation is looking to recruit a Fitness Coordinator. This is a very exciting and rewarding position based in our multi accessible gym which contains state of the art accessible and adaptive fitness equipment.
Your role will be to assist the Fitness Centre Manager in helping with the delivery and planning of fun and functional person-centred gym sessions for our gym customers with a wide range of physical disabilities aged 16 plus.
Your role will be to help motivate and guide customers through their gym programmes as well as setting gym challenges to help inspire them reach their goals.
We also have access on site to a multipurpose hall, immersive space and rebound therapy trampolines. Here, you will also help us deliver rebound therapy and a variety of fun, physical and adaptive different games sessions for our many customer’s needs, as well as delivering on-site competitions and events.
What are we looking for?
A highly motivated and confident individual who already has a fitness qualification to include: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training and /or Level 2 Fitness Instructor
Applicants will have the following certification, or a willingness and ability, to undertake: Rebound Therapy Level 2 Instructor and a Pool Plant Operators Course
Please note this vacancy is based on site.
Why join us?
- Competitive rates of pay starting at **£22,096.18(£11.48ph) rising to £22,968.13 (£11.94ph) based on a 37 hour per week contract
- Weekend enhancements applies (currently in trial phase, subject to review), up to 50% depending on the shift type
- Up to 7.5% employers contribution to pension
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 23 days rising to 28 days with length of service
- Free DBS & update check
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial advice and a variety of perks (discount vouchers etc)
- Gym Pass
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support & Guidance - You will be guided and supported by a team of dedicated trained staff
- Career Development - we pay the £2000 cost for the relevant NVQ qualifications required to fulfil the role after you’ve passed your probation.
- Split shift allowance of 10%
- Free meals when working on the bungalows
- Excellent Working Hours that provide flexibility - we will work with you to find hours that fit around your life, as our Residential Bungalows have different requirements. For example you can work 7am-10am five days per week, getting the young children ready for school.
We are extremely pleased to announce that we are now offering a ‘Golden Hello’ of £600 for newly appointed employees for roles that involve working directly with the young people at school, in our residential bungalows or in the community. The £600 will be paid in three payments over twelve months, provided the eligibility criteria is met.
- 1st payment £200 – in first payroll after joining
- 2nd payment £200 – after 6 months on satisfactory completion of probation
- 3rd payment £200 – after 12 months employment
All payments are subject to satisfactory performance. And all subject to PAYE.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. It is an offence to apply for any job in regulated activity with children and vulnerable adults if you are barred from doing so.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria. Chailey Heritage Foundation are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Supporting Documents for Fitness Activity Coordinator - Chailey, Lewes
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert