Chef - Betws-y-coed, Conwy
- Field Studies Council
- Betws-Y-Coed, Conwy
- Up to £24,840 per annum + benefits + Golden Hello payment
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Chef jobs, Cook, Kitchen Staff, Chef and Cook (Bar & Pub)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef - Betws-y-coed, Conwy
Field Studies Council Rhyd-y-creuau, Betws-y-coed
Up to £24,840 per annum + benefits
37.5 hours per week
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available
(Terms and Conditions apply)
Our Chefs are key to the centre’s hospitality and catering team, you will deputise for the Lead Cook and assist with the quality delivery of service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to cook meals for up to 100 visitors. You will also assist with the supervision of a small catering team.
We’re looking for someone with previous catering experience, a Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Staff Discounts
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Rhyd-y-creuau on a date to be confirmed.
Short listed applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert