Seasonal Chef - Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
- Field Studies Council
- Grange-Over-Sands, Cumbria
- Up to £24,840 (pro-rata) per annum + benefits + Golden Hello
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Chef jobs, Cook, Kitchen Staff, Chef and Cook (Bar & Pub)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Seasonal Chef - Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
Field Studies Council Castle Head, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
Up to £24,840 (pro-rata) per annum + benefits
PLUS Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (T&C’s apply)
The working pattern will be based on 22 hours per week during the core season only (normally March to October) each year. Accommodation is available during the core season.
Love where you work!
At the Field Studies Council we promise to get people outdoors, provide high quality learning and encourage positive wellbeing. We’re all about creating outdoor learning experiences and opportunities that inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about the environment.
Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
What you’ll be doing
As a Chef you’re a key part of our Hospitality and Catering team! You’ll be the supporting the Lead Cook and play an important role in delivering catering service to resident groups that visit us at our Castle Head Centre.
- You’ll do some hands-on cooking, kitchen management and deputising for the Lead Cook as needed, as well as assisting with the supervision of the catering team.
- This is an active role and you’ll need to be happy to be able to carry out all of the duties associated with kitchen work.
- This position allows you to achieve a great Work/Life balance with no late shifts! Our finish time is normally 8pm at the latest.
Typically, our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for further details on the full responsibilities of the role.
Who we’re looking for
You will have previous catering experience, a Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers. In addition to:
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Sound like the role for you? Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Where you’ll be based
Field Studies Council Castle Head is located in south Cumbria between the coast of Morecambe Bay and the Lake District National Park. The centre is set in 30 acres of grounds with a diversity of habitats including woodland, grassland and freshwater.
With over 150 beds, 5 workrooms, a meeting room to seat up to 120 and a sports hall we cater for most group needs and deliver a wide range of programmes in field studies and adventurous activities.
- Holidays – pro rata of 28 days, + bank holidays + a further 2 extra loyalty days dependent on length of service
- Sick Pay
- Staff discounts
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews will take place at Field Studies Council Castle Head at a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Apply for Seasonal Chef - Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert