Lifeguard - Loughton, Essex
- Places Leisure
- Loughton, Essex
- £20,633 per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Sports jobs, Pool Lifeguard, Temp, Student & Summer jobs, Lifeguards (temp), Lifeguard
- Job Type
- Full Time
Lifeguard - Loughton, Essex
We are Places Leisure, a Real Living Wage Employer, part of the Places for People Group; we are placemakers; our work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. – providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation. Our places work when they work for everyone.
How do we do all this? By surrounding ourselves with active people, lifesaving people and customer focused people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
So, we want you to join us and the 12,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped us create places, maintain 209,000 homes, manage £4.5 billion of assets, deliver £87.9m in social value and teach 80,000 children to swim each week.
What is the role?
- We have an exciting new opportunity as a Lifeguard at Places Leisure; working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people.
- You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best.
- In this role we will provide you with all the training which includes qualifying you with the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). For us to put you in for this qualification you will need to undertake and successfully complete a 36 hour course & assessment. The course includes Lifeguard theory and practical skills so you will need to be a good swimmer, able to climb out of the pool unaided, tread water and swim two lengths in under 1 minute.
- There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Starting your career with us as a Lifeguard is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Sales, Fitness or Customer Service.
- In the Lifeguard Role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training, swimming teacher qualifications and a variety of apprenticeship routes.
What are we looking for in you?
- You will be responsible for the supervision of our customers and other lifeguards using our swimming and pool facilities.
- You will always act safely whilst holding responsibility for the Health and Safety of all pool users and oversee the operations of the building.
- You will have excellent attention to detail, ensuring the safety of our customers whilst they are enjoying the use of our facilities.
- You will have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
- You will have an eye for first class cleanliness and will put this into action whenever required.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert