Maintenance Engineer - London
- Virgin Active
- Greater London, England
- £25,397 - £31,034 annual salary
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
Are you good with your hands? Could you help our Senior Maintenance Manager fix, maintain and service everything from the air con to the pool plant?
We’re looking for a Maintenance Engineer to work as part of a team to effectively deliver both a preventative & reactive facilities schedule following guidelines on safety, timescales & budget.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, keeping up to date & accurate records.
- Follow the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
- Maintain the basement, plant rooms, roof and fire exits to company standards and ensure all plant and equipment is maintained.
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements.
- Work as part of the wider club team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to members, assisting with queries they may have.
What we can’t live without:
This role will suit someone with the technical knowledge & experience who will thrive on the varied nature of the facilities requirements and work to provide the efficient & smooth running of the club at all times.
To be a successful Maintenance Engineer, you’ll have:
- A technical Level 2 qualification of City & Guilds equivalent or higher.
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment.
- Ability to use internal IT systems and communicate effectively using (Microsoft 365)
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata), plus bonus birthday day
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert