General Manager - Southend-on-Sea
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
Oversee Catering and Front of House services services ensuring company standards are maintained and client expectations are met within the agreed objectives for the location. Responsible for managing the on - site WSH team and be the day to day relationship point of contact for the local client for both catering and front of house services.
Working in complete partnership as one team with BaxterStorey & Portico in their role as catering and front of house vendors, you are responsible for creating and nurturing a culture of excellence that delivers on service commitments for our clients and supports our vision and values for the development of our people and business.
Overall accountability for the location, to ensure that it achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the Account Director and company budget.
- Provide day to day direction and coaching to the Welcome and Catering services teams to ensure a consistent client-focused service is delivered in line with the wider business values
- Lead by example by providing operational support to the team, ensuring service levels are maintained
- Ensure that all food offering is presented and served across the Catering and Welcome services in line with Baxterstorey standards, demonstrating innovation, passion and flair
- Periodically review the Welcome and Catering services procedures to ensure it is in line with the business needs, looking for ideas to innovate and drive service standards forward
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities
- You draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering and front of house service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met
- Have experience in an General Manager role ideally in contract catering, front of house or hospitality
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Up to 35,000
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.
BaxterStorey offers a wide range of contract catering services to business and industry.
As the UK’s leading independent contract caterer we offer a personal service that focuses on fresh food.
We tailor our services to each client’s individual needs and ensure that we provide the people to deliver the exceptional.
Following our newly gained contract with British Airways, we are keen to hear from talented and ambitious individuals. Our objective is to ensure the food and service at airport lounges are of an impeccable standard, every time.
You will be working in a fantastic environment at Heathrow airport where the focus is quality, quality and even more quality.
There are exciting opportunities ranging from Management positions to Chefs, and lounge hosts amongst others.
Excellent presentation, communication and man management skills are required for senior positions, and all will require individuals to demonstrate a real passion for food and service with bags of enthusiasm.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert