- Carnival UK
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
Are you someone who is organised and can adapt the operation to match the number of guests dining at one time? Do you efficiently communicate information when leading your team to achieve their targets? Do you express yourself clearly with your teams and other departments to ensure the taste, freshness and consistency of our bread and baked products meet the requirements? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality baked goods?
As Head Baker your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products.
- Work closely with the teams to identify and implement and contribute to a successful centralised production department, maintaining a dedicated budget.
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy, HESS, FSP and ILO. Identifying areas of improvement to ensure attention to detail is achieved by the team and a consistent passenger dining experience provided, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores.
- Liaising with the Chef Patissier to confirm daily menu requirements and discuss the daily working processes of the team.
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conference and events, banqueting or large scale 4/5* hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience is essential
Please note that STCW is a requirement for this role. Further information will be provided should your application should be successful.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK ask that all employees are fully vaccinated against Covid 19 . As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are either currently fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated but willing to be fully vaccinated prior to joining our fleet. We currently accept Covid 19 vaccinations that are WHO Approved (World Health Organisation) either having a two dose vaccine plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who will not be fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert