Sous Chef - Worldwide
- Carnival UK
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
- Full Time
P&O Cruises - Sous Chef
Are you someone who is organised and can adapt the operation to match the number of guests dining at one time Do you communicate well with your teams when leading your team to serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night buffets 365 days of the year Are you able to use your initiative with you teams to find practical solutions to every day challenges Do you lead by example at work so that your team provide the smoothest service and the highest quality meals Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine
The key responsibilities of our Sous Chef include:
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products.
- Effectively managing your own area, ensuring adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Working in large teams
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conference and events, banqueting or large scale 4/5* star hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience in a similar level role is essential
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK ask that all employees are fully vaccinated against Covid 19 . As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are either currently fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated but willing to be fully vaccinated prior to joining our fleet. We currently accept Covid 19 vaccinations that are WHO Approved (World Health Organisation) either having a two dose vaccine plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who will not be fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert