Catering Assistant - Ashbourne, Derbyshire
- Ashbourne, Derbyshire
- £10.42 Per Hour
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
Catering Assistant - Ashbourne, Derbyshire
YHA Ilam Hall are looking to recruit a Catering Team Member for 25- 42.5 hours per week.
Ilam Hall is a 17th Century gothic manor which sits in 84 acres of National Trust parkland, with the beauty of Dovedale just on its doorstep. Our hostel is full of character and nestled near the quaint village of Ilam.
Our hostel is a fun and energetic environment, where we welcome families, backpackers and groups as well as occasional weddings and corporate events.
At YHA Ilam Hall we strongly encourage development, as a team and as individuals, and we seek to foster a truly inclusive workplace.
What will you be doing as Catering Team Member?
Our catering team members cover a wide range of customer-facing and kitchen duties throughout the hostel, delivering an excellent service to all guests and visitors so they have a great experience at YHA.
This role concentrates predominantly on the catering aspects of our hostel, but you may be asked to assist in other hostel departments. Here are some of the things you may be working on:
- Supporting the Catering Manager in promoting and increasing Food and Beverage sales at the hostel
- Taking pride in preparing, plating, and serving quality food, presented to the highest standard
- Ordering food from our approved suppliers
- Complying with all food hygiene standards in the storage, preparation, and delivery of food.
- Complying with health and safety regulations, ensuring all kitchen checks are completed accurately and on time
- Recording food wastage in line with the procedures within your hostel, controlling and reducing wastage as far as possible to maximise profit
This role is minimum of 25 hours, flexible upto 42.5 across 5 days. We are looking for a Catering Assistant to work both breakfast shifts and evening meals shifts across the week. For example upto, 3 x 7am-1pm Breakfast Catering shifts and 2 x Evening Meal Catering shifts 2pm-9pm (evening meal shifts on Sunday/Monday evenings, Breakfast shifts days flexible).
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Catering Team Member?
It’s an advantage but not essential that our catering team members have worked in a face-to-face role with customers previously. Experience** in hospitality or customer service is desirable but not essential.
Good communication skills are an advantage whilst excellent time keeping is essential.
**We value lived experience just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, however, some of our roles will have further skills requirements. It’s an advantage but not essential that our team members have experience volunteering or working with other people.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Ilam Hall is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £9.50 per hour - rising to £10.42 from 1st March 2023
- We can offer live in accommodation if required (The current staff accommodation charge is £58.52 per week, however this may increase in line with government guidelines in 2023)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!).
If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert