Tutor - Keswick, Cumbria
- Field Studies Council
- Keswick, Cumbria
- Up to £24,840 per annum plus benefits
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
Tutor - Keswick, Cumbria
Field Studies Council Blencathra, Keswick, Cumbria
Up to £24,840 per annum plus benefits
37.5 hours per week / Annualised / Permanent.
Accommodation available on a chargeable basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
The post-holder will develop, plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities to a wide ranging audience; engaging and enthusing students and assisting Field Studies Council achieve its vision to inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment. The post-holder will be expected to lead groups of all abilities in the outdoor environment with the ability to provide an appropriate standard of care for our learners. You will also contribute to all other aspects of working in a busy residential education centre.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post-holder to be able to carry out duties associated with effectively managing groups in outdoor learning locations, which may be remote, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the group at all times, including carrying teaching equipment and safety sacks.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Staff discounts
- Accommodation can be provided on a chargeable basis
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on 28 February 2023.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Blencathra on 7 or 8 March 2023.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert