Apprentice Training Specialist - Appledore
- Camp Beaumont Day Camps
- Bideford, Devon
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
Apprentice Training Specialist - 28,600 which includes a car allowance of 3,600 pa (+ Benefits, mileage, laptop and phone).
Is your background within the Hospitality & Catering Industry? Do you hold an Assessor qualification? Join Skern Training & Skills as the Apprentice Training Specialist for Hospitality & Catering.
About the role:
As the Apprentice Trainer, your main goal is to assist apprentices in completing their apprenticeship successfully whilst creating a positive experience.
You will deliver a blended learning strategy to a case load of apprentices (c30,) and impart the necessary knowledge, abilities, and behaviours, teaching across teams, via zoom or in a traditional classroom setting.
Even though this role is home-based, you will be required to travel across your designated region to meet the needs of all parties including and operational needs of STS.
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To train, coach, support and deliver the apprenticeship programme within their subject specialism and regional area.
- Plan resources delivering high quality training.
- Support apprentices with all aspects of the apprenticeship delivery including Maths, English and additional learner support where applicable working with our ALS/FS specialist.
- Provide information and guidance to the learner and employer about the progress of the apprentice.
- To maintain high standards, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures.
- Work with the subject specialist team to ensure the standardisation of assessment and practices.
- Facilitate and deliver through a range of different methods to create an engaging learning programme. To plan, always resource and deliver high quality training.
- Programming of training and support in liaison with the programme manager and taking account of the employer individual needs.
- On-board new apprentices to the correct programme following the Skern Training and Skills process.
- Support apprentices in their workplace in preparing for their end point assessment, being accountable for the progress and overall achievement of the apprentice.
- To meet internally set deadlines for quality assurance checks.
- To carry out initial assessment with learners using a range of assessment methods.
- To keep and maintain accurate records of training and assessment in accordance with service and awarding body requirements.
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body.
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout work-based learning and development.
- To have a caseload of approx. 30-35 apprentices across several employers.
- Ensure clear understanding of the standard and the impact on the learner, being the expert and providing insight to the business.
- Invigilate exams as required to support other trainers and to complete the assessment of Speaking Listening and Communication as part of the functional skills provision for your apprentices.
- Manage own time and resources effectively to meet the needs of STS, the employers and apprentices needs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Hospitality and Catering Sector.
- Hold a range of current occupational qualifications and experience within the sector appropriate for the role.
- Hold an assessor qualification (A1, TAQA, CAVA, D32, D33 or equivalent).
- Some knowledge and experience of delivering apprenticeships or other forms of training.
- Capable and qualified to work across Level 2, 3, 4 programmes.
- A strong commitment to continuous professional development (CPD) and evidence of own ongoing CPD prior to interview.
- Efficient time management & organisational skills.
- GCSEs English and Maths (C or above or functional skills equivalent).
- Competent in the use of ICT to include word, excel and Microsoft teams.
- Current clean, full, UK driving license and own vehicle appropriate for business use.
- Experience working with remotely teams using TEAMS/ZOOM with experience of virtual learning and e-portfolios.
- Knowledge of End Point Assessment activities and methodologies.
- Knowledge of relevant IFATE Standards.
- Capable and qualified to work across Level 2, 3, 4, programmes.
- Hold a recognised teacher / training qualification (AET, PTLLS or equivalent).
- To hold a Level 3 Safeguarding qualification or be prepared to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of the OFSTED Education Inspection Framework.
A little about us:
Skern Training and Skills offers support to employers and apprentices across the UK in designing, managing, and delivering the best apprenticeship provision just the way they want it. Skern Training & Skills aims to provide life changing adventures for customers delivering excellence in all its courses and services. We achieve this through the delivery of high-quality employer-led apprenticeship supporting learners and employers in offering its considerable experience in training and development.
Ready? Apply today.
Camp Beaumont Day Camps has 38 years of experience providing safe, supervised, fun-filled adventure holidays for 3-16 year olds.
We are proud of our reputation as being Britain's most experienced day camp operator and children's number one choice for summer camp fun. To produce such high quality childcare, we rely on our staff to create a secure and happy environment and it's our staff whom children remember for making their holiday so special.
Why work for Camp Beaumont?
You will develop skills through the in house training provided
You are part of a lively and enthusiastic team
You will gain valuable experience in the childcare industry
There is the opportunity to advance in the company
Looks great on your CV so apply and join the Camp Beaumont team today!
Camp Beaumont currently are operating 16 day camps across London and the Home Counties throughout all the school holidays!!
- Camp Beaumont Day Camps
- 01709 464913
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert