Duty Manager - Backwell, North Somerset
- Parkwood Leisure, Lex Leisure and Legacy Leisure
- Backwell, North Somerset
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Fitness jobs, Fitness Management, Trainee Manager Duty Manager, Sports jobs, Management
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Backwell, North Somerset
Full Time Duty Manager (40 hours)
Backwell Leisure Centre (North Somerset)
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
Backwell Leisure Centre has a 25m 6 lane pool, teaching pool, a small gym, studio and four squash courts.
We are looking for a highly proactive and professional Duty Manager to help deliver a safe and enjoyable experience to our customers. You will need to possess exceptional personable skills and be able to work well as part of a team. You will be required to work in a way which will include some early mornings, evenings and weekends to suit the needs of the Centre.
- To ensure the provision of a clean, high quality facility and exciting and innovative Leisure Centre programmes.
- To act as a member of the Leisure Centre Management Team on a shift rota system, during opening hours of the Centre.
- To be available to work poolside as and when required to ensure the delivery of the Centre programme
- To ensure all Health and Safety procedures and responsibilities are carried out at all times.
- To deputise for the Centre Manager as requested.
- To assist the Centre Manager in providing appropriate staff training and development.
- To ensure that the objectives of the contract are achieved and the appropriate financial systems and procedures are implemented.
- To identify and assess the feasibility of new activities which the Centre could provide.
- To ensure all staff are kept informed of the Centre’s activities and special events.
- To achieve maximum levels of participation in all courses and activities.
- Monitoring cost effectiveness and highlighting and rectifying areas of low performance.
- To produce performance records, statistics, targets and reports for programming and associated activities.
- To assist in the marketing and publicity of all activities and events and develop distribution networks for promotional materials and merchandising of products.
- To ensure sufficient staff are available for the safe, high quality functioning of the Centre.
- To assist in the management of the Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To act as a main key holder for the Centre and be responsible for opening and closing of the building and emergency call-outs.
- To undertake any regulatory requirements.
- To be responsible and accountable for cash handling as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the Centre Manager to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
An NPLQ or First Aid at Work certificate is essential and a Pool Plant Operators qualification is desirable as well as a recognised Leisure Management qualification.
The successful candidate should have previous knowledge of the leisure industry and a good level of experience of working in a very busy wet/dry facility. Excellent communication skills, flexibility and a total commitment to customer service are essential. Successful applicants will be provided with full training in all aspects of this role.
What can Legacy Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Incremental annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Legacy Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
About Legacy Leisure
Legacy Leisure seeks to educate, inspire and support physical activity, to enhance the lives of our patrons and enable long term positive lifestyle changes. Legacy Leisure is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of our patrons, and aims to offer a diverse range of physical and cultural activities that will engage and invigorate communities, be it through sport, the arts or other activities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert