Bar Manager in Greece – Full Season (May ‘23 to October ‘23)
- Peligoni Club
- Agios Nikolaos, Greece
- Closing date
- 21 Feb 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Bar Manager, Bartender, Senior Management (Bar & Pub)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Bar Manager in Greece – Full Season (May ‘23 to October ‘23)
From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
With something different happening every evening and with plenty of variety in styles of service, our bar team have a lot to focus on. We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to take the lead, deliver high standards and keep our bar team motivated, whilst upholding an element of fun and the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests know and love.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: dispensing drinks for our restaurants during breakfast, lunch and dinner service as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. And then we have The Courtyard, a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves, perfect for events: cocktail receptions, party night dinners, wedding breakfasts, Guest Chef feasts and family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment.
Our Bar Manager will provide their team with necessary training at the beginning of the season, and throughout, and will ensure that guests are always made to feel welcome and receive the best service possible. They will work closely with the rest of the management team to ensure our events are a roaring success week after week and will be encouraged to take part in developing ideas for new ways in which to enhance the guest experience and increase bar sales.
The Bar Manager will also be responsible for managing stock, ensuring the necessary orders are placed in good time, carrying out regular stock checks and that any discrepancies are flagged and investigated appropriately.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team and exceeding targets.
- Oversee the day to day running of all the club’s bars
- Ensure bars are well maintained, fully stocked for service and events and high levels of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Ensure staff are fully briefed prior to a service and event
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the Restaurant Team, Beach Service Team and Cafe Team
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Work with the Events Manager and rest of the F&B team to deliver club events
- Work closely with the Accounts Department to ensure stock controls are actioned and in place
- Control and minimise wastage
- Ensure adequate stock levels across all bars and manage orders and stock rotation
- Carry out regular stock checks, investigating and resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Ensure table service is provided at the appropriate times Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks and cocktails to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 4 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a supervisory position
- Extensive knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert