Operations Manager - Kensington High Street, London
- Roar Fitness
- Kensington High Street, London
- £35,000 per annum + Company Pension, Gym Membership
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Fitness jobs, Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Self Employed Personal Training
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Contract
Roar Fitness is one of London's leading private personal training brands specialising in body transformations and sports performance. Our clients range from busy city workers to celebrity and TV personalities, all looking for the very best private facilities and trainers in London. Our team and it's founders are an experienced, sociable, and like-minded group all proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about delivering clients industry leading results.
Job Description: Operations Manager, Kensington High Street
The Operations Manager role requires a high energy individual who has a real passion for the fitness industry with the highest level of customer service and a proven track record managing daily operations in a fitness environment.
You will report directly into the Managing Director and will have the exciting challenge of overseeing and optimising the site operations for our busy Kensington High Street facilities. The emphasis is continuous improvement to improve performance of the business, requiring creativity and a meticulous eye for data and processes. Practical and focused, you will be willing to do what it takes to get a job done and be as comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting engaged with practical tasks as you are discussing long term strategy and goals.
You will be able to suggest and implement novel and innovative solutions to client challenges, supported by your wider knowledge of customer service and supporting processes. You will be able to analyse information to be able to prevent and identify any client operational issues as well as lead with problem resolution where required. At all times you will support the Leadership Team to help identify and achieve goals set for the brand’s continued success and helping us in creating a world class fitness experience.
You will be a key player in our clients’ journey, building systems to drive the Roar culture and helping to ensure that every client enjoys a flawless fitness experience.
You will be able to work independently with a proven track record of managing and motivating your teams. You will be utterly reliable and organised with excellent verbal and written communication and a high work ethic.
- Develop and implement operating methods & procedures designed to reduce or eliminate operating problems and improve product cost, quality, delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Improve business' use of data and ensure customer service and delivery is at the forefront of all operational strategy and process.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for in-house and online services.
- Conduct checks of all sites to ensure standards are monitored and upheld and liaise with maintenance and facilities partners.
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of equipment and areas associated with the gym.
- Ensure all maintenance is reported and followed up with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure Roar has the appropriate financial, organisational and IT systems in place and fully utilised for the purposes of statutory reporting, monitoring and evaluation, organising and scheduling sessions, supplying accurate and timely date to leadership team.
- Monitor all aspects of client experience and coordinate responses to customer complaints in line with company policy. Managing gym floor schedules, class schedules and working with the PT
- Operatons Manager when required for client/personal trainer allocations
- Maintaining statistical and business reporting to measure KPIs including membership, attendance,retention and sales
- Oversee policies and ensure all operations on site are compliant with Health and Safety, and Fire Safety.
- Oversee GDPR compliance ensuring that appropriate policies and producers are in place.
- Helping to create a fun environment for clients and promoting a strong sense of community both on a daily basis and through creative initiatives and events
- Recruit, develop and manage front of house and instil a sales mentality so that they are confident promoting our services to potential clients.
- Work with PT Operations Manager on Personal Trainer recruitment and management.
- Oversee rotas for reception/administrative staff and ensure that reception is always manned during operational hours.
- Be fully conversant with all FOH & BOH systems and procedures.
- Monitor front desk activities with regards to refunds, billing instructions.
- Monitor and update training manuals as necessary.
- Manage front of house team and Conducting site visits and one-to-one consultations with prospective clients Identifying new business opportunity across all sites and managing online and e-marketing for prospects
- Developing new client loyalty schemes by working with local businesses and brands to identify opportunity and implement accordingly
- Developing and managing client retail experience both online and in-house
- You will be a hard working self-starter with energy, personality, ambition and a passion for health and fitness.
- All about people and delivering outstanding service and customer experience, every time!
- Previous operational management experience within a premium and service driven fitness setting
- Personable, confident and able to build relationships with everyone
- Confident communicating at all levels with experience managing complaints procedures
- Commercially astute and confident in promoting new business and sales with appropriate communication
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs, sound numeracy/budget management and the ability to read data and translate this into usable insights.
- Mindbody experience preferred but not essential.
- Highly organised with attention to detail and a passion for resolving issues and implementing new process to ensure smooth running of operations
- Always looking for ways to learn and improve and eager to be part of a team with great growth potential
- A flexible approach to work as some early mornings, evenings and weekends will be required.
Hours: Full Time Monday-Saturday over 5 days
Locations: High Street Kensington
Salary: £35,000 per annum. Company Pension. Gym Membership.
Founded by 3 x Olympian Sarah Lindsay and UK’s leading body transformation specialist Rich Phillipps, Roar Fitness is the only London personal training company able to offer its clients an Olympic training experience like no other in its field. Our highly experienced team of nutritionists, therapists, strength coaches and world class personal trainers, all come together to offer clients the most comprehensive and cutting edge personal training experience imaginable.
We have built our reputation on results, and whilst you won't have to search too long before stumbling across our famous transformations on the BBC and ITV as well as Men's Health, Men's Fitness and Women's Health Magazines, our number one passion remains in helping transform the lives and bodies of everyday men and women.
A unique approach
After experiencing life as competitive athletes at the worlds highest level, we became accustomed to having a team of specialists looking after our every need. Soon after transitioning into the personal training industry it quickly became apparent why so many clients had been failing to achieve their fitness goals.
At Roar we provide our clients with not just their own one to one personal trainer, but an entire team of specialists that ensure our personal training clients receive the most comprehensive and focused experience possible.
Roar Fitness' team of coaches are quite simply world class, and we only produce personal trainers that are a shining example of health, fitness and athletic performance, all with a fantastic track record for producing stunning results.
A new breed of personal trainer
Many of our team regularly contributes to industry leading health and fitness publications such as Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health, Sport Magazine, and lecture at major fitness events to help raise the standard across the personal training industry.
It’s this passion and cutting edge knowledge of health and performance that allows our team to deliver the kind of results our London personal training clients have come to expect. Whether the goal is fat loss, increased muscle and strength, sports performance or overall health and well being, our clients’ are in the best possible hands to ensure they achieve their goals.
- Roar Fitness
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert