Deputy Chief Executive - Kent - Hybrid
- Kent / Hybrid
- £63,000 - £67,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
Deputy Chief Executive - Kent - Hybrid
Hours: 37 hours per week - Hybrid Working
Salary: £63,000 - £67,000 per annum
Tonbridge and Malling Leisure Trust, trading as tmactive, is an independent leisure Trust based in Kent operating six facilities with a turnover approaching £10m and over 450 staff. We are currently seeking an experienced leisure professional with outstanding leadership skills to join the Executive Management Team.
The successful candidate will assist the Chief Executive with oversight of the Trust on a day-today basis. Specific responsibilities will include reporting to the Trust Board and liaison with the local authority client team. The DCE will be expected to drive strategic, business and financial objectives whilst retaining an overview of operational and service issues. The DCE will also set the culture across all sites ensuring seamless communications, understanding, joint working and accountability.
As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of strong strategic leadership, excellent people management skills along with knowledge and prior successful management of public leisure or similar facilities.
We are looking for someone with a vision for success, a commitment to fostering a culture of quality and service, who will be an effective ambassador with our many partners and stakeholders. A strategic thinker with strong communication skills and meticulous attention to detail you will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for building capacity and growth.
In return you will receive ongoing professional development and strong, consistent support from the CEO, Trustees and Executive Management Team.
If you are looking for a new challenge please click apply and you will be redirected to our jobs page where the job is displayed, along with the recruitment pack and application pack which you will need to read before applying on our site.
Closing Date for Applications: 12 Noon Friday 17 February 2023
First Interview: 9.30am Thursday 9 March 2023
Second Interview: 9.30am Monday 13 March 2023
Looking for a career in leisure? Then look no further than tmactive!
With over 450 staff working on a permanent or casual basis over six sites including four Leisure Centres and a Country Park in a management partnership with Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council and Kings Hill Sports Park in partnership with Kings Hill Parish Council, we have a wide variety of roles that offer job satisfaction and the chance for progression.
Our indoor leisure facilities have all been rated as Excellent or Good under Quest, with Poult Wood Golf Course being recognised as one of the premier municipal golf venues in the South East and the Football Association considers Kings Hill Sports Park to be one of the best training grounds in Kent!
It is through our teams that our customers receive excellent service to help them start or maintain a healthier and active lifestyle. Our teams are our greatest assets and we are committed to developing and recognising the contribution made by creating a happy, motivated and engaging work environment. Working for us is more than just a job, we offer job satisfaction, the chance to be part of a team and some excellent benefits, including greatly subsidised staff membership rates; contributory pension; cycle to work scheme and a wide range of training opportunities.
Our vision is simple - 'more people, more active, more often.' This is what the Trust is all about; ensuring all sections of the community can take part in sport or regular physical activity at an affordable price. As a not-for-profit organisation, any surplus that we generate is reinvested back into the facilities we operate to develop even better facilities and services for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Our Mission is to provide a clean, safe and happy leisure experience on an inclusive basis to residents and visitors to Tonbridge and Malling for the benefit of their health and social wellbeing. We will achieve this in a sustainable way through excellence in our people, policies and practice.
• Leadership - we will aim to influence positively the community, our customers and staff to provide and benefit from sport and recreational facilities operated by the Trust.
• Integrity - we will act consistently, honestly and transparently in our dealings with partners, customers, staff and all other stakeholders.
• Innovation - we will explore the introduction of new products and services, driven by technology and ideas for the benefit of customers and staff.
• Continuous Improvement - we will strive to continuously improve in all we do and deliver using Quest as the industry benchmark to measure our improvement.
• Accessibility - in designing and delivering our facilities and services we will take account of the needs of the whole community.
• Customer Focus - we will place the customer at the heart of the design and delivery of our facilities and services. We will respond to customer complaint in a positive and proactive manner.
• Teamwork - we will work with partners, stakeholders, customers and staff to achieve common goals in the best interests of all parties. We will be tough on problems but soft on people.
• Professionalism - we will base our business upon learning, adoption of best practice and reliably delivering to a high standard.
• Environmental Awareness - we will proactively seek to minimise the impact on the environment of the facilities we manage and the services we deliver.
- 01732 876150
1-5 Martin Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert