Regional Senior Tutor (North Locations) - Shrewsbury, Cumbria & Scotland
- Field Studies Council
- Shrewsbury, Cumbria & Scotland
- Up to £26,110 per annum plus benefits
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
Regional Senior Tutor (peripatetic)
Field Studies Council’s North locations
Up to £26,110 per annum plus benefits
37.5 hours per week / Permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Imagine a job where you can use your environmental knowledge every day, helping to shape the minds of the new generation; a job where you work as part of a team in the great outdoors, inspiring others and developing passions for the future. Teaching with Field Studies Council gives you a role with both challenge and opportunity, and a chance to start young people on a journey of discovery that can last a lifetime. Field Studies Council are looking for people with a curiosity for the world around us, a passion for the natural history of the British Isles and an ability to enthuse and inspire others.
This is a peripatetic (travelling) role to work on a ‘relief’ basis at our beautiful locations in the North as business need requires.
Our North Locations:
Field Studies Council Blencathra
Field Studies Council Castle Head
Field Studies Council Preston Montford
Field Studies Council Millport
The post is offered on a non-resident basis; however, accommodation will be provided whilst working at a location away from your home area.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on 24 February 2023.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place online via zoom on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert