Flotilla Skipper - Greece
- Neilson Active Holidays
- Work in Greece!
- Up to £1,760 PCM (Gross) + Accommodation, Flights & Overall Great Package
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Sports jobs, Canoeing Instructor, Sailing Instructor, Travel & Culture, Overseas
- Job Type
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary, Live in, Contract
Flotilla Skipper - Greece
Salary: Up to £1,760 PCM (Gross) + Accommodation, Flights & Overall Great Package
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Yacht Manager
Department: Yacht Team
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
With the back-up of your Neilson Flotilla crew, the Flotilla Skipper takes full ownership for all aspects relating to the guest experience and safety while aboard the flotilla.
Motivated by a challenge, you’ll always be ready to deal with any problems that arise, albeit at sea or back at base. You’ll also be able to confidently interact well, and easily build rapport with guests, and other team members alike.
If you are an experienced flotilla skipper, that’s great! If you are newly qualified, no problem. We will provide any additional training required to run the flotilla. As long as you are confident, outgoing and have a passion for making people’s holidays, then life as a Neilson Flotilla Skipper may be for you!
We’re always looking for experienced Flotilla Skippers to join our team, but if you’re newly qualified, no problem! We’ll provide all the additional training required to run our flotilla adventures.
You’ll be based at our Vounaki Beachclub sailing centre in Greece where you can enjoy a stunning choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To manage all aspects of delivering the Flotilla Holiday in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe flotilla experience for guests of all ages and abilities (within reason) following the Neilson programme
- To manage the maintenance and housekeeping of the flotilla yachts, to ensure efficient operation at all times
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with Yacht Manager
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- To retain good working relationships with local suppliers for the provision of services to the flotilla and guests
- Identify opportunities for coaching and developing the lead crew
- Manage flotilla spending and accounts to agreed budgets
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA YachtMaster Offshore/Coastal Skipper (Commercially Endorsed) or equivalent
- EU Passport or Greek Residency holders only
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- VHF license
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Experience in a leadership role
- Previous customer service experience
- Tangible experience of skippering yachts
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.
If you've got the passion, we've got the opportunity!
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Who Are Neilson Active Holidays?
We are proud to be one of the leading active holiday specialists and have been delivering awesome holidays for over 40 years.
Year after year our guest’s love to return to our resorts to experience the expertise of our resort teams, whether it’s for a top-notch sailing lesson from our qualified RYA instructors, a delicious cocktail freshly served by our experienced bar team or to hit the slopes with one of our Neilson Mountain Experts.
Bring your passion to our team!
You'll need to be a strong, natural communicator who is able to build rapport with ease and interact confidently with both our guests and other staff members alike.
Neilson Active Holidays is bursting at the seams with opportunities to fine tune your talents and the experiences that you will take away from working anywhere within our programme will stand you in great stead for the future.
In addition to all of this, you'll be able to master some amazing activity sports along the way!
Who are we looking for?
- Those with a great sense of humour!
- Likeable, charismatic, individuals with bags of character and contagious enthusiasm!
- Those who can demonstrate the desire to get involved, enhance their skills and share their expertise!
- Genuine personalities, those that are kind, friendly and helpful in their nature!
- People who can bring a bit of individual magic to our award-winning team!
- Grafters that are not scared of hard work, they strive to be the best and can have lots of fun whilst they do it!
- Those with a great work ethic and the right attitude!
- Problem solvers that are responsible, punctual and have the ability to use their common sense!
- Well mannered and positive in their outlook on life!
Training, Development And Career Progression
We want to develop our staff, provide opportunities to learn new skills and give you the chance to follow in the footsteps of many senior Neilson managers who have worked through the ranks with great success.
We have former chalet hosts are now in charge of the largest hotels in our programme and former windsurfing instructors who are now the operational/commercial masterminds behind the development of our biggest products.
If you are happy to put in the hard work and thrive under pressure, we can offer you a challenging and very rewarding career.
The Neilson team are the backbone of the business and we want to be a great company to work for. We listen to what our team have to say and constantly strive to make everything the best it can be. We will ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role in order to meet the expectations of our guests and satisfy all legal requirements.
The Recruitment Process
Working for Neilson is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love and we are always looking for the best people to join our team.
If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you, so kick-start your adventure and complete an online application today.
Give yourself the best chance and be sure to complete every section thoroughly so that we can get a feel for who you are and what you are all about.
If your application passes the initial criteria, you will be placed on a list of potential candidates, however, this does not guarantee an interview at this stage.
The team will then take a closer look at the information you have provided to see if you could be a good fit for the business and for the role to which you have applied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to apply for a specific position through our online application form then this role is not currently available!
- Neilson Active Holidays
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert