Chef - Torrington, Devon
- Torrington, Devon
- Up to £28,470.00 per year.
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Demi Chef De Partie
- Job Type
- Full Time, Live in
Chef - Torrington, Devon
CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve just discovered a Chef position like no other…
- No late nights (typical finish is 8pm)
- 2 days off, every week
- A Friday or Saturday evening off each week, guaranteed.
- No working over Christmas
- Optional Live-On Accommodation & Meals Package
As a Chef with PGL, you’ll be paid to hone and develop your skills whilst working at one of our stunning activity centres. With no late nights and a guaranteed Friday or Saturday evening off each week, this could be the perfect role to develop your career in catering without sacrificing your social life or that all important family time!
What could be more important than fuelling the next generation and sustaining their energy for further adventures? At PGL we welcome guests and team members into our dining rooms to relax, rest & recharge… ready for their next challenge! Our catering team are proud to serve tasty & nutritious meals, combining reassuring favourites and new cuisines, to keep the adventure going.
Reporting to the Head Chef and working within a friendly & supportive catering team, you’ll be responsible for food preparation, cooking, stock ordering & organisation, cost control & coaching of junior team members. You will also be confident in your knowledge of food allergens to ensure the safety of our guests whilst they are staying with us.
PGL takes pride in investing in our people. We’ll support you in achieving your goals, including all the training you need to be confident in your role and a personal development plan to give your career the very best start. This position provides a great development opportunity for aspiring individuals looking to progress towards Head Chef.
But life at PGL isn’t all work, it’s a lifestyle. As part of #TeamPGL you’ll be joining a tight-knit community & building friendships with like-minded people; we enjoy a variety of fun activities and team events in our beautiful surroundings.
IS THIS YOU?
- Enjoys the buzz of working in a busy kitchen as part of a fun and friendly team.
- An experienced caterer, ideally gained in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent knowledge of food hygiene & dietary requirements, with a particular focus on food allergen control.
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is a bonus, but not essential.
- You’ll need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK
We are committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
- Earning £28,470.00 per annum (or £26,280 if you’d like live-on accommodation and meals)
- Permanent contract, working 42 hours per week over 5 days
- Ongoing career development to help you achieve your future goals
- Our smart, brand-new Chef uniform
- A generous benefits package including annual leave accrual, birthday leave, pension & death in service cover
- Discounted PGL holidays for you and your family.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert