Bar & Cocktail Waiter - Richmond Hill Hotel - Bar
- Richmond Hill Hotel
- £25000.00 per annum plus tips, plus overtime, plus service charge
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Bar Staff
- Job Type
- Full Time
Thrilled to be part of one of the Hospitality Industry's Best Employers? We are extremely proud to have been highlighted as one of the Top 14 Best Places to Work in Hospitality. So, if you're looking for an inspiring journey where no two days are the same, with a lot of ongoing growth and opportunities, come and join our Richmond Hill Hotel team.
We’re an award- winning independent, destination loved hotel, restaurant & bar pouring incredible experience, creative imagination, and heart into delivering hill-top magic for our guests. Our team is at the heart of everything we achieve at Richmond Hill Hotel - our overwhelmingly positive reviews are testament to the hard work our amazing stars put in. We’re committed to creating a comfortable place for our team to work and we’re overjoyed to have twice been finalists for ‘Employer of the Year’ and won a People award for our ‘Team Engagement’.We are looking for talented Bar person to join ‘144 on the Hill’ restaurant and bar team. As Bar person you will have flair, charisma and charm with the ability to provide the highest levels of service to our customers. You will be responsible for bar service and some light refreshments within the bar and lounge area. Good customer service skills are essential. Candidates require a stable track record.
What will I be responsible for?
• Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
• Supporting all the team, including the Waiters/Waitress
• Working with the Bartenders to create cocktails that are timelessly classic
• Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
• Control and manage costs and stocks within the department
• Daily cash reconciliation
• Clear communication with the floor staff and management before, during and after shift to ensure optimal service to our guests
• To be responsible for ensuring guests are satisfied through both team leadership and face-to-face guest interaction
Is this Bar person role right for me?
You will have excellent knowledge of wines and other beverage with a passion to continually develop the drinks offering. You will:
• Ensures the compliance with workplace regulations in the department
• Have previous experience working within a high profile
• Be passionate about learning to create fantastic cocktails with the ability to advise and recommend to customers
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of effective liquor, stock and margin control within a bar environment
• Be self-motivated and an excellent leader with exceptional communication skills
• Be a team player and willing to develop other team members
• To assist with monthly stock takes
What's in it for you?
• Access to hundreds of online discounts and freebies from leading brands, from food and drink to travel (because we know life isn’t just about work)
• Free Health Cash plan for you and your family
• Hotel Recognition Programme - Employee of the Month award - £100.00; Manager of the Quarter award - £100
• Various rewards and recognition incentives
• 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per complete year of service to a maximum of 33 days.
• Discounted use of hotel facilities including Restaurant and Lounge
• Hotel annual Awards
• Refer a friend scheme, with up to £500 cash incentive
• Departmental and whole hotel team building and social events
• Workplace pension
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Cycle to work, Gym membership, Enjoy Technology and Workplace Nursery
• Free parking on site
• A free meal when on-shift (as all that outstanding service will work up quite the appetite)
• A personal development plan to match your career aspirations
• Room to grow
• Full uniform
• Flexible working hours/days/weekends
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We value all applications, however due to the high volume of applicants we are currently receiving; we are only able to contact candidates whose application has been successful.
An independent destination hotel situated steps away from Richmond's Royal Park, we’ve been serving hilltop magic for our guests for nearly 300 years. With 143 guest bedrooms, 13 meeting rooms, treatment room and gym as well as a recently refurbished restaurant and bar, it's an exciting time to join the team at Richmond Hill Hotel.
Our team is at the heart of everything we achieve here at Richmond Hill Hotel - our overwhelmingly positive reviews are testament to the hard work our teams put in. We’re committed to creating a great place for our teams to work and we’re delighted to have twice been finalists for ‘Employer of the Year’ and won a People award for our Team Engagement amongst other accolades.
We’re always on the lookout for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our team to deliver unforgettable customer service and create exceptional experiences for the modern-day traveller.
- Richmond Hill Hotel
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert