Kitchen Manager - Dundee, Scotland
- German Doner Kebab
- Dundee, Scotland
- £10.00 - £10.50 per hour
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2023
Kitchen Manager - Dundee, Scotland
Do you have what it takes to work for one of the fastest growing restaurant brands. The opportunity is here. German Doner Kebab is changing the perception of the kebab world. Kebabs Done Right. With over 90 restaurants worldwide, we are proud to be a market leader in the Casual Dining sector. With industry leading levels of service, exceptional food and an unforgettable experience for our guests.
Now is the time to join our team!
We require a Kitchen Manager who has what it takes to grow with us and share in our success.
You will work alongside the Restaurant Management team and be expected to deliver exceptional food quality and guest care and service. You will work to brand standards, to lead your team, and ensure every guest leaves the restaurant having had a great experience.
Here is what you need:
- ‘Guest is first in everything we do’
- Have a positive attitude
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality and an attention to detail. Operationally focused to implement brand standards and policies
- Consistently deliver industry leading guest service
- Ensure store operational requirements by following brand standards, scheduling and assigning employees
- Comply with all requirements of Food Safety and Health and Hygiene standards
- Full understanding of stock management and Gp% figures and controls
- Able to achieve the highest guest satisfaction by producing quality products.
- Work to brand standards for food and operations with the focus on the guest experience as top priority.
- Effectively communicate with others to complete the duties and responsibilities expected
- Help and support the development of other team members through guidance, training and coaching.
- Welcome new team members.
- Help all the team members achieve and maintain the appropriate skills and knowledge to deliver exceptional products and guest service
- Demonstrate consistent operational standards and procedures that positively impact the stores overall operations.
Key skills and knowledge
- Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels within the kitchen
- Experience with high volume trading levels would be ideal
- Provide training to improve all team members and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity and create an environment where your team can grow their knowledge
- Maintaining proper food handling and safety standards while preparing food.
- Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to brand guidelines
- Has the ability to maintain a professional appearance and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all tasks
- Can demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Following a brands sanitation standard including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day.
- Ability to fill in daily paperwork in line with a brands standard.
- Working towards understanding and articulating food with integrity
- Understand P&L, budgets and managing payroll
- Manage stock levels and availability
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Understand weekly sales information
- Guest first in everything we do
German Doner Kebab is revolutionising the kebab across the globe! Our gourmet kebabs are freshly prepared by our passionate and friendly team in front of our customers eyes. They are made using premium, lean, succulent meats and fresh local vegetables, served in handmade toasted breads with unique signature sauces.
We opened our first restaurant in Berlin back in 1989 and spent the next decade perfecting our game-changing kebabs and our processes. Fast forward to 2022 and we now operate over 100 restaurants across the UK, Europe, United States, Canada and the Middle East, with further global expansion in the pipeline for this year and beyond! We are currently the fastest growing restaurant brand in the fast-casual dining sector and are looking to double the number of UK restaurants this year. That’s where you come in!
We can’t provide expectation-defying kebabs and unrivalled guest experiences without great people! The time to join us is now as we try to change the world, one kebab at a time.
Kebabs. Done Right.
Our menu offers a unique experience in flavour and taste.
- Succulent - slow cooked high-quality meats
- Unique - signature sauces
- Delicious - handmade toasted breads
- Fresh - salads freshly prepared each day
We pride ourselves on the freshness and quality that we provide, so our kitchen is the hero of each restaurant. All GDK restaurants are kitted out with an open kitchen design, allowing our guests to watch our kebab theatre in action.!
We are guest obsessed at GDK and go above and beyond to provide every customer with the best experience possible, all centred around our quality kebabs.
As our brand grows, we have every faith that you’ll be an asset to us all here at GDK! Whether you’re looking for a part-time job whilst studying, or if you can see yourself sitting in our board room someday, we are committed to developing career pathways for our team. We are also currently developing an exciting eLearning platform to support everyone on their GDK journey.
Join our team. Exciting times ahead.
- German Doner Kebab
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert