Chief Instructor - Hexham, Northumberland
Onsite Accommodation and Food provided for a fee.
Join us at Kingswood as a Chief Instructor.
An adventure to remember, a taste of independence, a rush of adrenaline, a breath of fresh air, a sense of achievement and making memories that last a lifetime. That’s what we’re here for. We are raising the bar to provide the very best outdoor learning experiences. A Kingswood adventure utilises experiential education and non-academic ways of learning to provide a taste of independence, the chance to make lifelong memories and gain a sense of achievement. The experience equips pupils with skills for their future and broadens their horizons to the opportunities available to them
A Chief Instructors Responsibilities.
Team Development and Engagement
- Lead and inspire the team to live by the inspiring learning values, therefore developing highly motivated, committed team members who are proud to work for the company.
- Ensure all staff know what their goal is and what they are doing to achieve this goal.
- Develop your team’s Technical and Soft Skills
- Deliver sessions alongside team members to demonstrate and coach safe enjoyable and learning focused activities.
- Establish an environment that promotes a positive work-life balance
- Plan programmes and resources to Achieve schools’ aims and objectives – team to be aware, appreciate & deliver required learning outcomes.
- Manage a program of Coaching Sessions to support the team in delivering safe, enjoyable and learning focused activities.
- Customer feedback to be proactively distributed amongst the team
- Informed by customer feedback strive to Improve the activity offering keeping the guest experience at the heart of all changes/improvements.
Health and safety
- Implement the Company’s Health & Safety policy and all associated procedures and standards
- Understand and ensure compliance with the Company’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure delivery team fully understand and deliver their responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the company & product or a proven track record in the Activity/Learning sector
- Efficient time management & organisational skills
- Confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to all levels of employees and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging situations.
- Experience of coaching, and giving feedback
- Experience of delivering training and development events.
- IT Literate – knowledge of word/excel /Microsoft packages
- ERCA Generic Rescuer
- BC Sheltered water coach or above (Centre specific)
- First aid at work (16hours+) (E)
- Archery GB
- British Fencing Coach Developer
- SPA / RCI
- Teaching / Coaching Qualification
- NGB Provider
- Driving License
- Level 3 award in the relevant area
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide two professional references. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with Kingswood.