Lead Activity Instructors - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Teachers/Level 3 qualified in childcare
£11.09 / Hour
Are you looking to earn extra during the school holidays to keep up with the ever-rising cost of living? Why not join the team here at Camp Beaumont as an Activity Instructor?
This role is perfect for anyone who has achieved Level 3 in Childcare or is a qualified teacher / supply teacher (QTS / PGCE / QTLS / PTLLS)
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for a group of children, initiating games, helping with activities and ensuring the welfare needs of all children are met at all times.
You will assist with supervising the room / activity alongside the management team and be available to the team for any additional assistance.
A little bit about us:
During the school holidays, we run day camps for children aged 3 to 16 in London, Surrey, Kent, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, and Buckinghamshire. These camps are only open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., allowing you to enjoy your weekends!
- 17 years old or over
- Qualifications in childcare (Level 2, 3, PGCE, QTS, QTLS, PTLS)
- Available to work during the School Holidays
- Be a UK/EU citizen with 2 x right to work ID’s
- Possesses bags of energy and enthusiasm
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with children
- Have initiative and ability to work independently
- Awareness of safeguarding children (Training will be given)
- Previous camp experience
- Paediatric first aid
Why join us?
- Competitive rates of pay and flexible hours!
- Pick and choose the holidays you are available to work in
- Paid training and induction
- £100 refer a friend scheme – you can make £100’s through this!
- Progression through learning and development
- Free staff uniform
- Holiday pay
- Wagestream (Get paid early)
- Perkbox (Free coffee’s, cinema tickets etc
- Fun socials
Pay: Lead Activity Leader - £11.09 per hour*
*This includes holiday pay at the rate of 12.07%, which will be paid as a lump sum payment at the end of the camp worked. Hourly rate excluding holiday pay is £9.50 / £9.90 for all ages.
We have a simple five step process to starting work:
- Apply with your CV / fill out our application form
- Answer our screening questions
- A fun and informative virtual group interview
- Job Offer and Background Checks completed
- Attend a fully paid training day
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide two professional references. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with Camp Beaumont.