AV TECHNICAL MANAGER
- NN12 8TN, Towcester
- Competitive + Benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Dec 2022
CORPORATE AND HOSPITALITY EVENTS
No day is ever the same when you join our Corporate & Hospitality Events Team – we deliver knockout events week-in-week-out for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
One day you may be taking care of delivering on-track action for our corporate clients in our roaring Aston Martins and the next, you may be delivering an exhibition for 3000.
We're a highly motivated, innovative and specialised group of Event managers, coordinators and assistants. We oversee all aspects of an event from catering (delivering over 30,000+ business lunches a year!), AV, security, cleaning to health and safety and budget management. We love bringing any story to life with the creativity of our team of experts and the flexibility of our impressive International Conference & Exhibition Centre with 22 flexible spaces, and the on-site Hilton Garden Inn.
JOB PURPOSE The role will stretch, push and grow your technical competencies as an AV Technical Manager. You will play a key role in the planning, prep, delivery, and operation of the overall AV Technical department across a wide range of public events, corporate event conferences, and exhibitions and site wide infrastructure.
You will be comfortable speaking with clients and collaborating with colleagues in a very close-knit team. Providing professional and efficient management of technical support to all areas of the business in accordance with company policies and procedures
You will help grow the technical department and develop the overall long-term technical team strategy on both events and site wide infrastructure, through introducing new ideas and concepts.
- A high-level understanding and operational knowledge of all AV systems and technology with the ability to diagnose and remedy any faults and problems. An understanding of site wide venue infrastructure linked to technical components such as PA Systems, Fibre, in house radio stations, and CCTV. Oversee, manage and develop a team of 4 technical staff. Manage all team holidays, scheduling and training schedules. Engage in client and project development processes and assist with pitching for new business and suppliers. Take ownership of event days that sit under the remit of the technical department. Oversee and manage all the departmental budgets and capex requirements. Plan and book in the department resource requirement throughout peak periods of the season.
- Ability to adapt to various clients’ needs and be able to fully integrate with multiple teams at short notice. Support the team with the planning of high value events providing AV expertise to enhance event delivery To challenge and develop the site wide infrastructure system in place in line with the business long term strategy plan. Support in the purchase and fit out of new technical equipment across site. Responsible for ensuring all AV equipment is maintained to align with company H&S standards, maintaining regular service checks on the equipment Proactively manage the AV equipment, stock and infrastructure; Microphones, TVs, Camera Feeds, Race Phones, Circuit Lights, Fibre optic cabling (this list is not exhaustive) owned by the business to ensure it is accounted for, maintained, replaced as required all to an agreed standard. To liaise with internal and external suppliers depending on event and client’s requirements and be the main point of contact, controlling budget spent with suppliers and ensuring the correct documentation is filed and signed off. Responsible for the de rig of tech equipment on all events to ensure that the site and venue are returned back to the venue in the same state it was handed over and complies with company standards. Undertake special tasks and projects when required. Responsible for keeping up to date records of venue guides and operational manuals across the department. Developing and implementing technical standards across the business and proactively looking ahead at upcoming projects Proactively keeping up to date with latest technology, rigging, power and safety procedures. Oversee and account manage our radio system contract day to day and support where required on events Manage the use of a diary management system to share information for events. Proactively manage, establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all departments, supply partners and external suppliers. Ensure the team are meeting internal and external customer needs by monitoring progress of customer requests, queries and resolution. Recommend and implement improvements that will help to grow our business and sustain our position in the market. Ensures that activities, and those of suppliers directly managed, are carried out in line with company H&S Policy and procedures. Ensure all post event reconciliation for the department is completed on time, review and ensure all feedback is acted upon to affect positive change with agreed action plans To challenge and look for cost savings across the department if and when required without compromising overall operational delivery.
- Ensure all procurement with suppliers is negotiated in line with business needs and manage the AV team’s supplier base ensuring that all suppliers meet Silverstone’s expectations, especially with regards to health and safety, cost effectiveness and delivery standard. Support internal teams in identifying new revenue streams and developing existing ones Ensure that all work across the department is carried out in an effective and timely manner Support internal and external stakeholders with power requirements onsite at events as required Responsible for ensuring cable duct routes are clear and accessible at all times and checked regularly to ensure any redundant cable is removed. CAT Scanning – cable awareness for the whole site To have experience in video conferencing and hybrid events technology. Oversee the venue radio system infrastructure and contract.
- Create a positive, proactive culture and environment within the department Professional presentation reflecting the Silverstone values
- Performance will be monitored against the following: Objectives set through the Personal Development Review (PDR) process Organisers / Customer satisfaction Budget management Ownership and completion of events/projects in a timely manner Teamwork Health and Safety
- Senior Management Team Visitors and clients Events team Venue department Catering department Third party suppliers, and agencies Sales, Finance and Marketing Departments PA’s IT department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of 100-volt line system and TV RF Systems Installation of cabling Able to work at heights Strong health and safety awareness – completion of IOSH or similar training qualifications is preferable Experience of working at a Racetrack, Events or large venue environment would be advantageous Ability to take ownership and problem solve, is proactive and self-motivated Works well as a team player and uses own initiative Highly organised and is able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines Previous electrical knowledge is advantageous – not essential Intermediate MS skills – Advanced in Excel and PowerPoint Flexible approach to work including weekends and evenings Full clean driving license High level knowledge of Audio-Visual Systems
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert