Guest Relations Executive - Knightsbridge, London
We are currently seeking a passionate Guest Relations Executive to join the team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over a world- class shopping destination, Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
About the role
As a Guest Relations Executive within the Guest Relations team and will provide a warm, genuine and consistent welcome and service to all visitors and guests throughout their visit to the hotel acting as a constant example of guest engagement and a pivotal contact between the guests and the hotel. To be the visible image of the Jumeirah Brand in the Hotel Lobby, acting as a story teller about the Jumeirah unique elements, a reference guide and as a reliable source of information and assistance to guests and visitors acting as a Hotel ambassador.
- Be the life and soul of the lobby/public areas, creating a positive environment and maintaining and engaging, approachable, helpful and friendly demeanour to colleagues and guests alike.
- Acknowledge, greet, welcome, engage & initiate genuine adaptive conversation with guests and visitors facilitating the smooth operation of the lobby, obtaining feedback and assisting in creating memorable guest experiences.
- Provide the latest information on the Hotel’s outlets, amenities, services and facilities whilst actively upselling and making reservations as necessary.
- Respond to any guest requests for particular services (e.g., directions, transportation, reservations, dry cleaning, celebrations, other) by making arrangements with the relevant departments and following up to ensure satisfaction.
- To meet and escort all arriving VIP guests to their rooms, ensuring that their needs are met, their luggage swiftly sent to their rooms and that they are checked-in in a courteous and efficient manner without delay.
- Reach out to all VIP guests on arrival prior to their arrival to establish contact and arrange any necessary requests. Once guests arrive on property, serving as the main point of contact. Once guest has departed, following up with post departure email and or phone call.
- Using the E Butler system to check in with VIP guests and ensure they have everything they need
- Go through arrival reports and ensure VIP guests requests are met with correct room attributions and that all traces are set up accordingly with necessary departments.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Guest Relations experience within a luxury 5 star environment
- Excellent level of English
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business with the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a workload
- Excellent personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a strong eye for detail
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
In return we offer:
- 50% Food and Beverage discounts across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Preferential room rates across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.