Flotilla Skipper - Greece
Salary: Up to £1,760 PCM (Gross) + Accommodation, Flights & Overall Great Package
Dates: April - November
Reports To: Yacht Manager
Department: Yacht Team
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
With the back-up of your Neilson Flotilla crew, the Flotilla Skipper takes full ownership for all aspects relating to the guest experience and safety while aboard the flotilla.
Motivated by a challenge, you’ll always be ready to deal with any problems that arise, albeit at sea or back at base. You’ll also be able to confidently interact well, and easily build rapport with guests, and other team members alike.
If you are an experienced flotilla skipper, that’s great! If you are newly qualified, no problem. We will provide any additional training required to run the flotilla. As long as you are confident, outgoing and have a passion for making people’s holidays, then life as a Neilson Flotilla Skipper may be for you!
We’re always looking for experienced Flotilla Skippers to join our team, but if you’re newly qualified, no problem! We’ll provide all the additional training required to run our flotilla adventures.
You’ll be based at our Vounaki Beachclub sailing centre in Greece where you can enjoy a stunning choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To manage all aspects of delivering the Flotilla Holiday in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe flotilla experience for guests of all ages and abilities (within reason) following the Neilson programme
- To manage the maintenance and housekeeping of the flotilla yachts, to ensure efficient operation at all times
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with Yacht Manager
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- To retain good working relationships with local suppliers for the provision of services to the flotilla and guests
- Identify opportunities for coaching and developing the lead crew
- Manage flotilla spending and accounts to agreed budgets
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA YachtMaster Offshore/Coastal Skipper (Commercially Endorsed) or equivalent
- EU Passport or Greek Residency holders only
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- VHF license
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Experience in a leadership role
- Previous customer service experience
- Tangible experience of skippering yachts
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance
*For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.