Lifeguard (Funded Qualification Available) - Croydon
GLL is looking for a Lifeguard to work at Waddon Leisure Centre in Croydon. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Lifeguard, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than a Lifeguard job, it's a career. And for the right candidates GLL will fund the cost of your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - a saving of hundres of pounds.
A Lifeguards job can't be underestimated, and neither can the responsibility that comes with this vital lifeguarding role if you're calm under pressure, highly responsible and natural with people from all walks of life, this is your chance to develop as a Lifeguard.
As a Lifeguard your passion for swimming and love of great customer service will shine through when supervising our customers in the pool, as well as supporting the team in keeping our centres clean and tidy. What you need:
What you'll do:
- A can-do attitude
- A real focus on customer service.
- Passion and personality
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Be a great team player
- Ideally, you'll have your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) with up to date NPLQ training records and if not the NPLQ training can be provided subject to passing a swim test.
- You will experience regular pool rotations
- Supervising and cleaning the pool area
- Setting up equipment
- Deliver first-class customer service
- Deal with customer queries
- When not poolside you will be a key support to your team on a daily basis from preparing Studios, Gyms or Sports Halls for various activities to the general cleaning and upkeep of the centre.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else. In return, you will get:
- A full time permanent position - Change accordingly
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- A fantastic pension scheme
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
As the UK's largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children's centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we're having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you'll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.