Project Manager - SwindonSummary
We have a national programme of project delivery focusing on the Outdoors. This work will help us better understand our outdoor audience, how to create a value exchange and make it easy for supporters to pay, park & donate in the outdoors.
Reporting into the Senior Programme Manager and working alongside other project managers you will be responsible for delivering projects across the regions and countries.What it's like to work here
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering change across the Trust. The Operational Services Team has responsibility for the largest number of products and platforms which underpin the Trust’s ability to grow in a sustainable way.
You can be based at any locations nationally, but it would be advantageous if you were based more centrally, with flexible hybrid working encouraged. There will be regular travel across the country to support the project managers on the ground, and we anticipate 40-60% of your time will be spent at our places, with the rest working from home.What you'll be doing
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work across three exciting and interrelated projects: Replacing our tills system, our car park technology and introducing tap to donate capability. You’ll be working alongside project managers from our IT team and be working in to an experienced programme manager who will have overall responsibility for delivering the programme of work.
Your role will need to coordinate with several functions and manage the project end-to-end: identifying requirements and needs from various teams across the organisation, working collaboratively with our IT teams to assess and agree solution options to procure an appropriate solution and to migrate our teams from the old to the new effectively. The candidate needs to be confident applying the Project Management Framework, working with critical internal stakeholders up to and including Executive members.Who we're looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of successfully delivering complex end to end project/programme management, including defining resources, leading large procurement, securing project teams and matrix management across multiple projects/programmes
- A recognised project (ChPP/APM PPQ or PMQ) or programme management (MSP) qualification
- Experience of mentoring others in the profession, and be able to show evidence of ongoing CPD in your career to date
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills, able to confidently work with senior leaders up to Executive level
- Experience of managing complex and difficult external stakeholder relationships
- Experience of procuring and managing external contractors delivering specialist services.
- Excellent team leadership, management and collaborative working skills.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.