Operations Excellence Trainer - New Restaurant Openings - Nationwide
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum + Car Allowance
A very rare and exciting opportunity to join us here at GDK!
Since 1989, German Doner Kebab has been serving fresh, healthy, and nutritious meals featuring doner kebabs. Its goal is nothing less than revolutionising the fast casual restaurant sector, serving amazing food in a warm and comfortable space with quick and friendly service.
The company has begun development in the UK and Ireland with the objective of opening 500 restaurants within 5 years. Based in Glasgow, German Doner Kebab UK & Ireland is looking to add to its team.
German Doner Kebab UK & Ireland is looking for an Operations Excellence Trainer to join our Training Team. Creating an outstanding guest experience will be at the heart of what you do every day and it’s important that you share our values and standards for excellence to enable us to deliver fantastic results and an overall excellent guest experience.
Job Role: Operations Excellence BOH, FOH and Management.
- Assist with the roll out plan of our new restaurant openings across the UK over the next 5 years.
- Help organise and plan Training Plans for New Restaurant Openings including on & off-site training and post opening support.
- Confirm all restaurant management, including Managers & Supervisors, are fully trained and qualified.
- Assure the restaurant stations are set up for training and operation.
- Assure all necessary training materials are available for all trainees.
- Directly train and/or support the franchisee team to train all team members.
- Ensure all assigned team members have the knowledge and demonstrated skills necessary to perform their role.
- Document training status of all assigned team members.
- Support the franchisee and/or restaurant manager to use performance management on the assigned team members during training and during practice sessions to develop their capabilities to achieve the required minimum performance standards.
- Lead training and practice sessions together with the restaurant management team and/or Supervisors.
- Develop the restaurant management team and/or Supervisors capabilities to provide on-going training to new team members.
- Work closely with the Head of Training manager. Ensuring high brand and operational standards are consistently achieved
- Engage the team and by using different platforms and be a brand ambassador.
- Analysing potential gaps in learning and proposing solutions across GDK.
- Help run and support training sessions to support our teams across the brand.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety and Hygiene procedures are maintained and followed appropriately.
- Help to induct new Team Members, Team Leaders, Assistant Managers and Restaurant General Managers.
- Assist with the delivery of brand initiatives, such as new product & systems roll out and support with special events.
- Help manage projects within agreed deadlines and ensure they are executed to a high standard.
- Must be able to deliver coaching to senior management and know everything GDK to pass onto teams.
- When not running NRO, audits and coaching of excellence across the current estate.