Chef Manager - Bishop AucklandMore about the role:
Your key responsibilities will include:
Who you are:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Ordering food, looking after stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing the efficiency of all catering operations, including managing inventories and implementing action plans
- Managing budgets and successfully meeting financial targets
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams
Our ideal Chef Manager will:
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mindset
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK.
Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children's Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/3010/40363001/52499312/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.What you'll be doing:
We're currently recruiting an ambitious Chef Manager to help us create exceptional food experiences for Chartwells on a part time basis, contracted to 27.5 hours per week.
As a Chef Manager, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here's what you need to know before applying for a Chef Manager position with Compass Group UK&I.