Bushcraft Instructor - Brackley, Northamptonshire
- Ultimate Activity
- Brackley, Northamptonshire
- £65.08 - £105.19 per day (play 12.07% holiday pay), based on experience and qualifications.
- Closing date
- 29 Nov 2022
Reporting to: Bushcraft Course Leader
Contract: Seasonal work available in May half term and Summer school holidays.
Hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays, full time or part time roles available. Where bookings allow, additional 3 hours will be required on Thursday nights during the season when children are invited to stay later on camp for evening activities, for which you will be paid overtime.
Pay: £65.08 - £105.19 per day (play 12.07% holiday pay), based on experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
The role of Bushcraft Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children, aged 7 to 14 years, on our Ultimate Survival Courses. You will be expected to guide groups of children through week-long courses, with emphasis on fun, excitement, teamwork, and skill development. You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for children on Camp, taking a lead in ensuring their welfare and providing high quality care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development and enjoyment, working both alone and alongside other staff.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm, passion and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on Camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Help to set up the Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week, continuously promoting their welfare.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival Camps.
- Live up to the company’s promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Good experience within outdoor education (bushcraft specific) and experience working with children.
- Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges.
- Someone looking for a challenging, but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, as well as the opportunity to further their career in the outdoor education, adventure, and childcare industries.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Ideally qualified or studying towards NGB qualification in adventurous activities, such as archery, bushcraft and mountaineering.
- Ideally experienced in working in a similar camp setting, working with children aged between 7 and 14 years.
- Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification.
The name says it all! We pride ourselves on being the best provider of activity camps in the UK. But here are a few reasons why...
• Best provider of activity-based holiday childcare for 4 to 14 year olds
• High Pay Rates we pay our staff the highest rates in the industry!
• Work in a fun and rewarding environment There really is no better holiday job!
• Work in the UKs best schools Immerse yourself in schools with the UK's best facilities and grounds
• Make friends for life with your team of fun and enthusiastic colleagues
• And so much more!
- Ultimate Activity
1 Farmoor Court
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert