Field Studies Council Preston Montford
Up to £22,582 (pro-rata) per annum plus benefits
37.5 hours per week.
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (Field Studies Council), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Our Chefs are key to the centre’s hospitality and catering team, you will deputise for the Lead Cook and assist with the quality delivery of service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for up to 131 visitors.
We’re looking for someone with previous catering experience and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers.
- Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals: set mealtimes with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations
- Accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP
- Assisting with the compilation of a varied range of menus
- Assisting with the induction and in-house training of the catering team
- Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for residential groups, as required
- Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper
- Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are checked, recorded and correctly stored on arrival
- Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – pro rata of 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Accommodation and food during working hours can be provided on a chargeable basis
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Arran Holdsworth on .
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Applications will be considered upon arrival.
Interviews will be scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Preston Montford as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.