Field Studies Council Flatford Mill, East Bergholt, Suffolk
Up to £22,582 per annum plus benefits
Fixed term from 3 January 2023 to 30 November 2023.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
The post-holder will develop, plan and deliver ‘out-of-classroom learning’ activities to a wide-ranging audience; engaging and enthusing students and assisting Field Studies Council achieve its vision to inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment. The post-holder will be expected to lead groups of all abilities in the outdoor environment with the ability to provide an appropriate standard of care for our learners. You will also contribute to all other aspects of working in a busy residential education centre.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Jo Harris on 01206 297110.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Applications will be considered upon arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Flatford Mill on a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.