Tills & Grocery Team Member - Broadway Market, London
At Planet Organic, we aim to be more than just a shop. We want to do more for our customers, neighbourhoods, colleagues, suppliers, and the planet than simply selling products. We believe in promoting health in our communities through organic, natural, and innovative products, and in acting sustainably and ethically as a business.
We always strive to Deliver Better.
Key Roles & responsibilities
We are looking for Planet People. Planet People have a natural ability to deliver service in a way that makes people feel at home. They can wow and delight our customers in thoughtful and unexpected ways. When you are at work, you can expect to be doing the following:
day to day tasks
What you will do
- Customer Service – Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding.
- Stock Management – Receiving orders, checking invoices, rotating stock, and filling shelves, making sure the shelves are well merchandised and clean.
- Tills – Engage with customers while carrying out transactions.
- Working as part of a team to get daily tasks done, taking breaks at suitable times.
- Support your Duty Manager with completing departmental tasks as requested by them.
- Flexibility in supporting other departments during busy times throughout the day.
- Familiarise yourself with the products sold in store, be able to direct customers in store.
- Take the time to learn about products in store, their properties, what produce is in season and how to use our products.
- Be able to describe the benefits of organic and natural products
- Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding.
- Greet and engage all customers who enter the store.
- Serving customers at till point, carrying out cash and card transactions. Become familiar with our till system to be able to serve as efficiently as possible.
- Prioritise customers to avoid unnecessary waiting times.
- Direct customers to products, be confident in making product recommendations.
- Able to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift boxes and stretch
- Confidently operate tills therefore confidence with numbers is important.
- Access to discounted life assurance, dental and travel insurance
- 28 days holiday per year including public holidays
- 25% colleague discount across all stores
Planet Organic is committed to breaking down the barriers that block employment opportunities for different groups of people and to recognising, accommodating, and appreciating people’s different backgrounds, experiences, knowledge and skills. We are committed to encouraging diversity among our workforce in every sense. The aim is for our colleagues to be truly representative of our local communities and our customers, and for each colleague to feel respected and able to give their best.