Team Member - Food to Go - Islington, London
(2 days per week)
At Planet Organic, we aim to be more than just a shop. We want to do more for our customers, neighbourhoods, colleagues, suppliers, and the planet than simply selling products. We believe in promoting health in our communities through organic, natural, and innovative products, and in acting sustainably and ethically as a business.
We always strive to Deliver Better.
Key Roles & responsibilities
We are looking for Planet People. Planet People have a natural ability to deliver service in a way that makes people feel at home. They can wow and delight our customers in thoughtful and unexpected ways. When you are at work, you can expect to be doing the following:
day to day tasks
- Following health and safety protocols within the Food to Go department.
- Serving our freshly prepared organic food to customers.
- Making coffees, preparing juices and smoothies
- Working as part of a team to get daily tasks done, taking breaks at suitable times.
- Support your Duty Manager with completing tasks as requested by them.
- Working Collaboratively with the wider store, this may involve working in areas outside of your normal duties e.g., helping to merchandise other departments such as Grocery etc.
- Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding.
- Greet and engage all customers who enter the store.
- Serving customers at till point, carrying out cash and card transactions. Become familiar with our till system to be able to serve as efficiently as possible.
- Prioritise customers to avoid unnecessary waiting times.
- Direct customers to products, be confident in making product recommendations.
- Complete new starter training and additional training as required.
- Follow high standards of Health & Safety
- Adhere to Planet Organic’s grooming standards.
- Follow cash handling procedures.
- Ensure the Tills and Food to Go areas are always kept clean
- Ensure goods received notes are passed to the Store Administrator.
- Able to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift boxes and stretch
- Confidently operate tills therefore confidence with numbers is important.
- Access to discounted life assurance, dental and travel insurance
- 28 days holiday per year including public holidays
- 25% colleague discount across all stores
Planet Organic is committed to breaking down the barriers that block employment opportunities for different groups of people and to recognising, accommodating and appreciating people’s different backgrounds, experiences, knowledge and skills. We are committed to encouraging diversity among our workforce in every sense. The aim is for our colleagues to be truly representative of our local communities and our customers, and for each colleague to feel respected and able to give their best. (Due to the nature of the role and hours, we are only accepting applicants from school leavers )